What I bring for you today is far from the grandeur of the normal UROTM, but the space was open and I have new stuff to show off even if its not even close to the last UROTM. (Fitz you jammy sod ).

First off, my bass, it arrived last Friday, not 24 hours after ordering it.

One word sums up this bass and that word is: "Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude!"
I can thing of very little that could be improved on this bass. The neck is thinner than expected (a good thing) and the finish is so smooth that the calusses at the base of my fingers are starting to fade despite my playing time doubling since it arrived. To give a good view of the sustain I plucked the E string before I started this paragraph and it is still ringing. This is due to that huge bridge and my choice to string it through. (There is the option to top mount it and I remember somebody saying a while ago that they didn't know how. You hook the string in the thin end of the keyhole shapes in the bridge. The main feature and selling point of the ATK series is the huge Triple Coil pickup in the bridge, it certainly doesn;t disappoint. It has three settings: Double coil like a MM humbucker (the middle coil is a dummy), Single coil with the dummy coil acting as a hum canceller and the same but with a treble cut (a feature which confuses me greatly as the treble knob of the 3 band EQ is right there...) As I generally prefer single coild growl I use the middle setting and all I do on the EQ is a slight bass boost, the mids and treble flat.

Here are a few more pictures:

The last one shows the lovely tri-fade burst on the light ash body.
(Note: I don't usually keep it in the sun, mainly as its never sunny unles i don't want it to be, and those 'marks' are just reflections coming off the camera on the last pic.)

The Amp, the Carlsbro Bass Beasty, 325w and 1x15. It lives up to its name.

This was quite a deal, not Fitzesque but still good. It was second hand from my local music shop going for £195, although I cannot be arsed to work out the exact number thats a good £:w ratio (Not to mention the fact that it was made in Britain, the selling point for my parents who ranted about the Ashdowns being made in China). I'm not an amp boff as they don't interest me nearly as much as shiny new basses do but what I will say is this: The growl of the ATK with the 15" speaker with extra mids makes something magical. As punchy as a Kustom and will cut through any overbearing guitard. I can't comment on volume as I haven't gigged with it yet and due to the size of my room I get serious feedback problems when it gets loud. It is possible to overdrive it a fair bit which sounds like ass on bass but when I put my guitar through it I love the sound.

Mentions for other kit:

The Squier Deluxe Active Jazz Bass V.
This bass is wonderful for the price, the only reason it was replaced was for reliability issues (and a massive buildup of GAS.) I have big plans for this new csutomisation bitch.

The guitar I got in return for some gardening work.
It makes baby Jesus cry and not in a good way but it serves its purpose as a way for me to tell what the guitarist is talking about. Doesn't stop me hating it though.

I hope the state of my room doesn't say too much about me...

If you want any extra details just ask.

Edit: I feel obliged to point out some of the flaws in my rig. The ATK is almost perfect but there are some things that could have been better. I don't think you can see it on those pics but I had to install a custom thumbrest (a pen lid to most people) on one of the screws as the pickup doesn't stick out enough to anchor my thumb on. The third setting of the pickup is pointless but other than that not complaints. The amp, likewise, is good but I have a few bones to pick. It being a 15" it focuses on the very low end and doesn't have the ability to add an extension cabinet. This one is a complaint fromm my mother, not me, it has no headphone socket.
Last edited by Spaz91 at Aug 1, 2009,
That squier is hot
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Well, I'd like to quote Michael Angelo Batio with "... and I like the champagne sparkle*, because it guaranteed that I would never, ever play this guitar live."

Love the sunburst on that ATK, though.
Edit: That's an interesting strap, what is it made out of?

*This is essentially pink.
^ looks like leather to me
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
Both those basses look really cool. Really like the white on the squire.

The pink tele looks...awesome...or not. I cant decide.
Mclovin that ATK man, and the tele, my favourite guitars by far and one of the best, cant wait to get mine.
Nive rig.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by Spaz91
It's metallic pink.

In other words...

...it sparkles

great rig.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
nice rig man and btw that pink tele is sexy
BASS GEAR:
Fender Bassman 250 2x10
Squier MB-5
Tanglewood Premier TW155 acoustic bass

GUITAR GEAR:
Ibanez ART300
Fender GDC-200SCE
Peavey studio chorus 70

PEDALS:
Ibanez SM-7
Ibanez PH-7
DOD Bass Chorus
Stop complimenting the Tele! The neck pup is muddy, the bridge pup is too harsh and the neck is like glue! It deserves to be unhappy!

Some of the pink chipped off to reveil what is clearly MDF.
Last edited by Spaz91 at Aug 1, 2009,
mdf? wtf?

love your ATK strap. if you have any more of that cool leather, I might consider buying a strap off you.

depends on your prices.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard

Quote by the humanity
mdf? wtf?

love your ATK strap. if you have any more of that cool leather, I might consider buying a strap off you.

depends on your prices.

Mdf, the stuff they use for kitchen cabinets and stuff

As for the strap I got it of my uncle (the strap not the leather) and I haven't ever seen a similar one. It is incredibly comfortable but a little high up (I'm 6'4" so the bass is resting on my stomach.)
Ive been eyeing ATK's for a while... if I ever get another fourstring, it may very well be an ATK

nice rig.
My Rig:
Yamaha RBX 375 bass
Peavey Millenium BXP bass (won at Summer Slaughter 2010, signed by all the bands)
Eden Nemesis NC410 320w combo amp
Check out Tyrannicide, my death/thrash metal band:
http://www.myspace.com/tyrannicidemetal
^You won't regret it, it was £340 but it still compares to some of the top end models. If I had to make the choice I would choose this bass over a Stingray or Sub (unless I could sell the Stinger, then buy an ATK and have money left of a Sasquatch pedal).
Quote by Spaz91
Mdf, the stuff they use for kitchen cabinets and stuff

As for the strap I got it of my uncle (the strap not the leather) and I haven't ever seen a similar one. It is incredibly comfortable but a little high up (I'm 6'4" so the bass is resting on my stomach.)

I know mdf. they use it for amps too.

ah. too bad. for me anyways. you are lucky.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Nice! I gotta say, I've played a few ATK's and I think they're great, especially for the price. If I ever manage to scrap together the cash, I'd like to get a 5 string ATK, but alas, I have no money to spare
Quote by aprilfool
Nice! I gotta say, I've played a few ATK's and I think they're great, especially for the price. If I ever manage to scrap together the cash, I'd like to get a 5 string ATK, but alas, I have no money to spare

W hore youself out then

Seriously, I've played basses that cost three times as much and they haven't sounded as good. The only reason they're cheap is because they're made in Indonesia and if you get them from a shop that checks them and does a full set up the origin is irrelevent. Point is, do whatever you can to get this bass, you will not regret it.
I wish my ATK had been a triburst, but I'm pretty content with my black one.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
That ATK is pretty hot, I've always been tempted by one.

However, a Warwick Corvette keeps calling to me "No Jamie, come play with me!"

Quote by JamieMcMe
That ATK is pretty hot, I've always been tempted by one.

However, a Warwick Corvette keeps calling to me "No Jamie, come play with me!"

When I got it it was an incredibly close decision between this and a fretless Rockbass Corvette, so now I'm saving up for a proper one
Nice find on the amp...I love to see good stuff come from smaller companies.

That jazz is awesome but I'm mad at it for replacing my bass. (they basically killed the MB-5 for it)
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by slurpeexyza
Best ATK is natural ATK.

Denied The pickguard is far too small for such a simple finish. If it was made with a wood with a more interesting grain then maybe.
I have the same 5 string as you, only in sunburst. Is your headstock glossed? Because I don't think mine is.
Nice looking rig!

Just give the Tele a paintjob and send that bad boy my way.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
I've been reading up on a band called Kyuss (the kings of stoner rock) and apparently the bassist switched FROM a Rickenbacker 4003 TO this bass. I think thats a testament to how this £350 instrument stands up to professional instruments.