need some help here people, sounds gay, but please try and stay with me for abit...

so im making this dinner supper **** thing for my girlfriend cuz its her birthday and shes leaving to mexico, its a pork filet thing on the BBQ with this marinade and a japanese sauce.

my problem is the sauce, they said to use this creamy poultry stuff as part of the ingredients, i couldnt find any. so i opted for some creamy chicken sauce (its creamy, its liquid and its in a box...), i was told to boil it and mix my other ingredients with it to create the sauce. Is it really important to use creamy poultry? or am I good with the creamy chicken sauce idea?

AND, I'm supposed to use Sake (a japanese rice liquor) in the sauce, or the marinade (i forget which one), the point is that I dont have any, and I reallyyyy dont feel like driving through traffic across the bridge to quebec to go get some and i have a feeling its also gonna be pricy. So, is there an alternative to this? Could I use somekind of red or white wine instead? Or maybe another type of liquor? I was thinking of using Tequila, but I don't know, I'm really focusing on not totally scrweing this up.

any help would be great, thanks much
And people wonder why we wouldnt let women out of the kitchen...
"Most people are trying to simplify the world. We're definitely here to complicate it." - Dad
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I you for posting this.

<-- Pretty much sums me up

8/7/09

^ I was there
tequila has too high an alcohol content, rice vinegar might work as a substitute but sake would be better.

also chicken is poulty.
Quote by SoWrongItsMatt
Tell her to do it.

ya well my way of saying that was ''uhhh, how does kraft dinner sound'' and then she gave me the ''you're the most useless human being I have envountered'' and then I opted for the ''let's just go out to eat somewhere'' and I got the same response lol
Quote by metalblaster
ya well my way of saying that was ''uhhh, how does kraft dinner sound'' and then she gave me the ''you're the most useless human being I have envountered'' and then I opted for the ''let's just go out to eat somewhere'' and I got the same response lol

Sounds like a loving relationship.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
Quote by Draken
tequila has too high an alcohol content, rice vinegar might work as a substitute but sake would be better.

also chicken is poulty.

I really a feeling that i will not be able to find that. the stores around here have **** ALL, a few days ago i ha trouble finding waffles... like come on, waffles!!
if you want a simpler meal to cook. marinade the chicken in tomato puree, garlic, basil and oregano, grill the chicken and serve with new potato, and mediteranian vegetables, that's peppers, onions and courgettes baked in an oven for 15 minutes drizzled in olive oil.
you cant really match the flavouring of sake and its rather inexpensive if you don't go to a high end store
and your creamy chicken sauce idea should work, just dont tell her
My Deviantart

Great Minds Think Alike
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
You sigged me, AND had an idea the same as mine!
I like you.

About my Lady Gaga/Pokemon parody
Quote by Mike50227
XD not bad

Quote by ExOblivione
You're my hero.

Quote by myevilside
I must say, i love it!
Quote by SoWrongItsMatt
Sounds like a loving relationship.

It's a young couple that really looks like an old couple thing.
creamy sauce in BBQ??? No good. No good.
<Insert Witty Comment Here>

1981 Fender Lead I Seymour Duncan humbucker, Mesa BoogieIIIRectifer, MKIIRhodes,PRS
dude, make up a recipe as you go along, she'll love you for it
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.
definitely don't use tequila, rice wine would be a better and cheaper substitute. can I ask why you're making such a complicated recipe if you don't have all the ingredients? apply the KISS rule, keep it simple. she'll appreciate the effort of a simple meal done well much more than a complicated one done poorly... or heck, order her favorite pizza and crack a bottle of wine, and light a candle. /Mojo
The fact that you are even considering these questions makes me feel absolutely no confidence in your cooking.
Good lord, way to perpetuate the stereotype that men can't cook.
alright well the sauce is done, i simply didnt use any Sake. I put in half a teaspoon on tequila, i know i know, i wasnt supposed to lol but i did anyways (my creative side just took over) and you can barealy taste it, mostly because i put almost none in it but whatever lol.

it tasted sort of, like, blandly sour. probably because of the suqeezed lemon juice i had to put in it and the balkan yogourt. but i added a tad more yogourt and a bit of water to dilute and i tastes ok. I guess i'll just have to not put as much sauce on it.
so yeah, i'd say the verdict for the sauce is: acceptable.
ahh......

I ****ed up.

mixed the marinade instructrions with the sauce instructions.

I'll restart, took me 5 minutes...
my experiance with this

usual day: Oi bich get in the kitchen and make me a sammich

special day: Oi bich i made you a sammich.....

problem solved. Make a sammich. Rules to live by
~Defiant~
Quote by bendystraw

I eat this on all of my meals.
I'm dieing.

Quote by King Twili
It's just me and Doris here ;_;

Quote by Zaphikh
Poops is the chat MC - but here we know him as Early Cuyler.

Free Downloads, Yo!
Sake is rather inexpensive. O_o
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Chicken sauce with BBQ pork does not sound like the way to go. chicken sauce with BBQ chicken would be ok at a push. An apple sauce would go ok with BBQ pork. But the sake seems too extravagent, and tequila is a too high percentage. I reccommend you just buy some nice relatively cheap champagne and have some apple juice in a pitcher or something aswell. But all your kudos lie in the pudding Trust me.
I know you think that I'm someone you can trust.
But I'm scared i'll get scared and i swear i'll try to nail you back up.

Female SouperHero