I don't have crap for pedals. That being said i am looking to drop a lot of money for effects. What's essential and what has the best tone. I play everything from In Flames, Children of Bodom and Pantera, all the way to stuff like Aerosmith and AC/DC. All help is apprecieated. Also is Analog better than digital?
Last edited by sixstringmunky at Aug 1, 2009,
What is your amp? And why are you playing to spend a lot of money on pedals that you don't even know to get?
I know that like i want delay, chorus, flanger and a phase. Im running through a Vox AD100, their only metal amp. I have a ds-1 set up to work as a signal boost, and the standard cry baby which i am looking to replace with something more powerful. And i want to buy the best stuff, i just dont know what the best stuff is.
Sounds like a situation where a multi would make a good learning tool.

Edit: ignore the multi. Check out some stuff at tonefactor then hit youtube to see what you think.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Last edited by scott58 at Aug 1, 2009,
Meh, pedals won't sound as great as they could with that amp, but if your happy.

What is your budget?
how long have you been playing?
"...I cried. Just for a second. Then I thought, 'I must rock.' "
- James Iha

Rock on y'all!

If you've got a grand to spend you might as well get a nice used tube amp. It'll make everything you play sound better. At least more than pedals will.
- James Iha

Rock on y'all!

^What he said.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Well just to tell you what im running:

Tuner
Wah
boost
Polychorus
Electric Misstres
phase 90
GE-7
Zvex Seekwah
DD-7

Sometimes i throw in an harmonizer or a synth wah(yes i like making sounds with my baby)
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Mesa Boogie Single rectifier
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
Quote by sixstringmunky
like 3 years, i practice about 6 to 8 hours a day every day

Off topic but Where do you find the time and what do you practice?
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Quote by Jak Archer
Off topic but Where do you find the time and what do you practice?

I dont sleep much, like 4 hours, i dont work, and i often find some way to practice during class by drawing scale charts, drawing a fret board and moving my fingers around on that, and i always have my left hand going when i can (i have my ESP Horizon 7 in my lap right now). I dont have a true set thing that i practice cause i just keep picking stuff thats harder to play, like i used to think Metallica was hard, now i find that to be kinda boring and easy, so im working on advaced rhtyms and other technical stuff, lots of time playing Nevermore and Meshuggah. and i write my own stuff too.
They seem to hate me over there cause i play nevermore, i dont get it but whatever, they tend to worship korn and buckethead, both of which are unbelivably overated
Check out this thread for essential stuff and having a good idea of models: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278232

After you have something in mind you should go on your local store and try the ones you can find. And used tube amps are always a great deal. If you feel the need, after you nailed it down to 2, 3 amps you can always post another thread to get some help to decide between them.

Also, don't take this the wrong way, but try not to spend your whole days just practicing guitar : ) A musician should experience lots of stuff, have fun with friends and chicks, etc... After all we don't write songs about how last nights practice session, but we might write a song about the girl we banged last night.

Just my way of seeing it.
- James Iha

Rock on y'all!