i got about £400 to spend on a guitar and its starting to piss me off im left handed and everytime i decide on one ppl say to me its no good for my style of play, i play mostly metallica and guns n roses so basicly i want a metal and hard rock guitar, i looked at epiphone les paul standard but people are telling me it cant play metal, i looked at the ESP LTD KH202 but ppl say its bad quality

im starting to think is there a guitar that exists for my style in left handed that is good and within my budget?

IT HAS TO COME LEFT HANDED
epiphones are great for metal
KH202 is under par when you compare it to the other m series or w/e guitars in its price.
if i were you I'd look at jacksons, or epiphones. If your up to going used you may be able to grab a higher end LTD that would work well too.

I can't recommend you specific guitars though because i dont know enough about your taste in neck and body styles
you can definitely play metal on a les paul. the kh202 is pretty good, just get a pup swap
Gear:
Guitars
ESP LTD M-1000 Deluxe w/ FR
Hamer XT-series SATQ
Fender Stratocaster
'75 Fender F-35 Acoustic
Amp
Vox VT15
Pedals
535Q Crybaby Wah
Epi Les Paul's work fine. I have a good friend who's a huge metallica and ozzy fan who plays one. Of course he's never got it setup or repaired it and it's from '92 so it's falling apart now...
Quote by Waffleguy
you can play metal on a les paul , but why don't you want a right handed guitar?

Because he's left handed?
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Quote by Waffleguy
you can play metal on a les paul , but why don't you want a right handed guitar?

Cos he's a lefty.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure you can play metal on most Les Pauls, maybe not a Goldtop though.
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

SuperLol'd
UG is retarded for saying guitars are limited to certain styles of music. Get what you want. If you don't like the sound, swap the pickups. I bet most of the kids that say that BS have silly Line 6 practice amps and Schecters, thinking they have "Br00tal tonez" Heck, Iron Maiden's guitarists used Stratocasters for HOW MANY YEARS?
Quote by Waffleguy
I know he's a left but why not buy a right handed guitar and change the strings

Because upside down les pauls don't work.
Quote by grimms
All I know is that if UG were a prison, all of us will either be dead, a prison bitch, or a dead prison bitch.

Quote by Waffleguy

I know he's a left but why not buy a right handed guitar and change the strings

Quote by ILuvPillows?

hahahahaha.

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Not sure who told you a LP cant do metal. A SG would do pretty good to. Only issue you will have w epis is the fact you really have to play any epi before you buy it to make sure its a decent 1. Most places dont have very many lefties in stock to be able to try several. I know some of the bigger places will have some lefties. I went to the GC in tallahassee fl the other day and they had a wall of lefties.

Granted the EMGs aren't active, but you'd have enough money left over to buy some good pups.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by ILuvPillows?

Not to be a spoil sport or anything, but I have seen Jimi Hendrix with an upside down LP. Still, I wouldn't do it.

And, I'm pretty sure Epis can do metal, I know it isn't exactly the same guitar, but I have seen Kirk Hammet use a LP before. I suppose (considering you get the Blackstar) you could go for something hot in the bridge, and something a wee bit cooler in the neck. Like a JB 59 combo or something, or a Duncan Custom and an APH 1 or something. You might still need an OD pedal though.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by slashrock94
Cos he's a lefty.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure you can play metal on most Les Pauls, maybe not a Goldtop though.

LOLWUT?

P90's are ftw.

TS, look at Tokai's or the LTD range of guitars, with a hardtail

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
wow thanks guys awesome response for this, but if i am getting the pickupd changed thenwaht to? EMG 81/60 maby? or something else
Epi LP'swork for lots of styles, just make sure you get a good one & you'll probably keep it for life!
btw whats the diff between the plus top and just standard is it the finish and thats it?
Talk to this guy
http://www.tcellisguitars.com/index.html
Looks like ke can make you pretty much what you want for a good price. I'm hearing good things about his work.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Look at schecters, they have tons of lefties and are good metal/hard rock guitars.
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
UG is retarded for saying guitars are limited to certain styles of music. Get what you want. If you don't like the sound, swap the pickups. I bet most of the kids that say that BS have silly Line 6 practice amps and Schecters, thinking they have "Br00tal tonez" Heck, Iron Maiden's guitarists used Stratocasters for HOW MANY YEARS?

Its true- I mean some guitars are built for certain genres better than others, but you can always change it to suit your needs
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
Do you actually play guitar or is this your first guitar?

yes i play guitar although the one i have now its very cheap and is starting to fall apart, i want a new one that will last me years and i can be really happy with