Page 1 of 2
So after several months of constant work in variuos classfied sections I finally found a new home for both my Parker NiteFly M and ESP Mirage 7 and then ended up with this:

It's an Ibanez RG8420 and it's very red and very cool. I wish the neck profile were a little more suited to my tastes, but the craftmanship is top notch so I can't complain. The satin finish on the back of the neck is very very smooth and comfortable, the frets are perfectly finished and not a mile high and the inlay work is excellent for a production guitar.

The EDGE Zero is one of the least annoying floating trems I've had to deal with so that is also a plus. The EMGs are also pretty nice. I would prefer a nice set of BKPs in it, but they get the job done just fine and I need all my money for other expenses at the moment.

Honestly, I didn't see myself ever owning one of these. I've got a bit of an obsession with 24 fret bolt-on maple neck guitars with mahogany bodies and maple tops, so this fit that prefectly and it's cool to try out the best thing Ibanez has to offer short of finding a LACS. There are a lot of little details on this guitar that show Ibanez really cares about them.

Not too sure if I'm going to be holding on to this because it is a little flashy for my tastes, but I'm going to spend some time with it and get a good feel before I decide.

Anyways, more pictures!

:O

that

that is a beauty!
HNGD!
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
i....but you.... and.... that is one of the sexiest guitars i have ever seen....ever.... how much did that thing cost???

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Holy **** that is the most beautiful guitar ever.
Quote by angusfan16
I opened my eyes and found my mother standing next to me with my sheets in one hand and the other hand over her eyes. She said, "Why are you naked!" and i quickly tried to come up with an answer, but all i could get out was, "Feels good man."
Quote by SPBY
i....but you.... and.... that is one of the sexiest guitars i have ever seen....ever.... how much did that thing cost???

I got it by trading two guitars. The other guy got the better end of the deal imo, but I had too many guitars and needed to downsize.
Quote by T!AN
Not too sure if I'm going to be holding on to this because it is a little flashy for my tastes, but I'm going to spend some time with it and get a good feel before I decide.
Should you ever decide to let go of it, send your asking price my way?
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by pifty
Should you ever decide to let go of it, send your asking price my way?

Will do.

And I think it's worth mentioning that although these tend to be tricky to photograph, in real life they look incredibly nice. Ibanez could finish their guitars to really make the maple tops stand out, but instead they finsih them so that they literally look like gems. A PRS may look like it's dipped in glass, but a J custom looks like it's a giant precious stone. Once I opened the case I knew why the color is called 'Red Spinel.'
great looking guitar man!
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Beautiful. That's one of my favorite J Customs that I've seen

Give me that exact look, minus EMG's, plus 7 string and I'd be saving up immediately. I also have a weird love for those vine inlays.. gorgeous
HNGD, it's a really beautiful guitar.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
****ing gorgeous! HNGD!!!
Gear:
LTD M-207 (Soon to be modded)
B.C. Rich Bronze Mockingbird
Jay TurSuhr Vintage Strat
Takamine EG561C
Randall RG50TC

GAS:
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 MN Tribal Green
Congrats on the buy.Welcome to the Club. J Customs are unlike any other ibanez's that are sold. Very fine attention to detail with great aesthetics. The whole guitar feels differently than others similar to it
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
That is one extremely attractive guitar. HNGD!!!
Last edited by Kaeq at Aug 1, 2009,
Quote by Pac_man0123
You took those pictures? They look professional!

HNGD!

Thanks. Photography is actually my main focus and music is a side thing to keep me from overworking myself and going crazy.
This makes my RG550 sad.

My Rig ;D
Ibanez RG550XX 20th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Crate V50-112 (Modded)
Roland Micro Cube
Lovepedal Purple Plexi 800
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Ibanez TS-9
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
I was drooling over this guitar on the Ibanez Japan website and then I came here and found this! I am very jealous.... HNGD!
Quote by Pac_man0123
Way to (attempt to and fail a) hijack.

Plus the J-Custom vine is way cooler.
Beautiful guitar, I love the subtle figuring on that top.
This is a truly amazing, gorgeous guitar. Even better considering I love red so much. I looked it up though, and I can't find any shopping sites for it. Any idea what it might be worth? Just curious, what I'll have to aspire to.
Quote by The Red Comet
This is a truly amazing, gorgeous guitar. Even better considering I love red so much. I looked it up though, and I can't find any shopping sites for it. Any idea what it might be worth? Just curious, what I'll have to aspire to.

If you're on Ebay, check out meestursparkle. He has a fair few J-Customs on his store at any one time.
Quote by littlephil
If you're on Ebay, check out meestursparkle. He has a fair few J-Customs on his store at any one time.

This. This is where i picked up mine. Fastest shipping i've had the pleasure of dealing with. Theres also Katana Guitars as an online store.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Thats very sexy, although the figuring on the top is extremely poor for my tastes.

Would you mind taking a close up pic of the fret ends with the binding? That would be awesome

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Wow, that is nice. Congrats.
1999 Gibson LP R9
2006 Tele John Cruz Masterbuilt
2007 MIA Strat Sunburst
2008 PRS SC-J Thinline Black Cherry/Bigsby (for sale)
2009 Zerberus Hydra II
2009 Custom Red Strat

Traynor YCV-50 Blue
I am jealous of your camera... and your new guitar, that is one hell of a sexy ibanez!
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
Quote by T!AN
I got it by trading two guitars. The other guy got the better end of the deal imo, but I had too many guitars and needed to downsize.

You can never have too many guitars. But anyways, HNGD!
Obviously Fassa.
Page 1 of 2