Hey, I know this is probably a common question, but I'm looking to get my own kind of a recording setup when I move to LA, California with my girl... and I was looking for the most appropriate setup ~1,000. Which would my my maximum amount, btw.

Looking for
-Studio monitor speakers
-Headphones
-Interface
-Software?
-Mic, doesn't have to be super good. I'm very good with an EQ.

Please be sure to list each of those things. Thanks
Quote by Twisted Magnum
I'd throw a Marshall MG at him while he succumbs to tone killing gain.

Quote by King Krapp
Spend all $200 on M&M's, then find a friend with an acoustic, and fill the body with them. Why? Because you can.

-KRK Rokit series
-?
-Presonus Firebox
-Cubase LE (comes with Firebox)
-Samson C02's/Shure SM57
------------------
Thanks a ton, man.
Quote by Twisted Magnum
I'd throw a Marshall MG at him while he succumbs to tone killing gain.

Quote by King Krapp
Spend all $200 on M&M's, then find a friend with an acoustic, and fill the body with them. Why? Because you can.

Don't skimp on the mics, they are one of the most important parts of the setup.

SM57's are useful for everything, and if you get a decent large diaphragm condenser & a pair of small diaphragm condensers, you should be able to multitrack record most things (excluding drums). I recommend the sE2200a and sE1a's.

Motu & Focusrite make some pretty good interfaces, and I've heard great things about beyerdynamic headphones, but I can't really advise on monitors.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Do you plan on recording drums?
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.