I posted that I am interested in purchasing a used s520ex, I thought it was the newest version but I was told the guy bought it about 3 years ago and it is infact that glossy black and not the flat black version.

I got a serial number from him, so I just want to know where I can look it up and find the exact details of the guitar. Ive heard that the trem changed, or has it alwasy been the ZR?

Thanks

Are you telling me theyre out of dragons?
They never had dragons..
Who didnt?
The world..
GET THIS GUY OUT OF HERE, FIND ME A DRAGON
I'd like to know this too. I'm interested in when my JS was made, because 3 years ago i think, the trem changed to EDGE III. Mine doesn't have and Edge III, but a Lo-TRS Trem II.
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
you can`t the 1st 3 characters represent the factory and year so..

F09xxxxxx would be the fujigen factory in 2009 but even that can be wrong as 2009 numbers can filter into 2010, due to the fact that ibanez has a batch of sticker and heel plates pre-made and can be used on any guitar made in that factory as the serial numbers are taken from a common bucket, even ibanez would not be able to trace your guitar.

the serial number is only good if you have a repair that requires it to go back to the shop or to ibanez so they can identify your guitar as belonging to you (if you registered it)
well the number is

cp05087620

so I am assuming it was made in 05?

In that case, where could I find the specs on the older guitar??

They never had dragons..
Who didnt?
The world..
Well, figured out that my JS is a December of 95 model, and my AFS is a March of 07 model. anyone know where i could find specs for the JS?

Never mind, I googled the Catalog for '95 and have confirmed that it is, infact, a '95!
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Last edited by Angus_Junior35 at Aug 1, 2009,
Ibanezgod1973, I used this website:
http://www.ibanezrules.com/catalogs/index.htm

The link you gave at first only gave the serials for 2000+
Mine is about 4(It's a december model) years before that.
Thanks anyway!

And TS, make sure he gave you the correct serial # from what you said the serial number is, i can tell you it's an August of 05 model.
Quote by silhouettica

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Last edited by Angus_Junior35 at Aug 1, 2009,
and the 2nd link is for 05 js models it`s not rocket science all the info is on the ibanez site......... goto news>archive>catalogues and select the decade then the year.

musicianship is suppose to show high levels of intelligence

yes i know rich`s website, and he post`s on jemsite regularly
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Aug 1, 2009,
thanks guys I appreciate it.

I was looking on the ibanez website for the catalogues but coudlnt find.

Seems the guitar hasnt changed a bit in a few years save for the color combinations.

Thanks!

They never had dragons..
Who didnt?
The world..
Hey, no problem! I got some good info out of it!
Cheers man!
Quote by silhouettica

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
i have a similiar problem, I need help I have an old Ibanez from the 80's i presume I was told it was an early floyd Rose model but I just don't know. The serial number is diff too, its 880424 and below it has an adress 1726 Winchester Rd, Bensalem, PA