First, my mind is yet again blown by the brilliance of Brian May. I have just found the secret to his delay-harmonizing technique ( http://www.brianmaycentral.net/gmmar97.html ), and now seek to replicate. That was the statement. The question now is this. Is there a single pedal that I could use to run two delays that would be cheaper than buying two seperate delays. I've been looking at a Carbon Copy for quite some time, but now I believe branching out may be necessary. I'd like to stay at/under $200 USD (my aproximated cost of 2 carbon copies).

Thanks,
-Chris
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Hmm...bump?
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

The Carbon Copy is $150 new, and I don't think it sounds particularly good...

You'll find yourself needing one long and one short delay. For the long delay, it has to be digital. I'd go for a DigiTech Hardwire DL-8, and for the short, the EHX Memory Toy or Memory Boy would be good.

Expect to spend about $300 altogether, I'd say.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Last edited by Raijouta at Aug 1, 2009,
Try going for one analog delay and one digital delay. That way, it's two different tonal characteristics as well. I would recommend the Boss DD-3/ DD-6 for digital and Carbon Copy (which, admittedly, doesn't sound amazing but does sound nice) or Ibanez AD-9 or something similar.

If you're interested, I'll sell you both my Carbon Copy and DD-6 for $200
The only pedal I know of that can run two delays at once is the Line 6 M13. But that's $500 and I'm sure there's a cheaper pedal that can do it... I just don't know of it. The DL4 might be able but I'm not sure.. the M13 does it by putting two of the settings as DL4 pedals.
I have a huge fear if rays.
the tc electronic nova delay i believe runs 2 at once, i know the eventide delay does for sure.

both of those are hefty in terms of price though.

edit: damn, i actually do something like this with a stereo delay, the dd-6/dd-7(got both). when hooked in stereo it goes center, right, then left. so with the 'repeat' turned all the way down you get a triplet, if you turn 'repeat' up you get more layers, gets very thick harmonies.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Last edited by gumbilicious at Aug 1, 2009,