Huh...Never seen this before, seems like it'd be cool though. Thats quite a bit for a capo though..
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

looks like its expensive because it just has the independent movement for each string
cool idea but to much money for a capo
CHECK OUT MY BAND!
myspace.com/protestingmodernlife

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Ibanez RG320DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Digitech Metal Master
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Yamaha Acoustic
I'd probably buy one if I saw it in a music shop and it was cheaper. I wouldn't find any productive use in it though, it would just be fun to mess around with.
that's cool and never seen anything like it but $55 is just outrageous for a capo. Interesting nonetheless, hope to see more of these made by different companies to make it more of a mainstream thing for guitarists.
"Member of the UG Pink Floyd Fan club PM stonegolem13 or nick dixon to join

love The Evil Dead films? Join my group: http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/boomstick/

Quote by pepsi1187
not to mention herbert from family guy will touch you in your sleep
cant see myself ever really needing one but ive seen them being used before and it was pretty sick
That's pretty sweet. I would be tempted to buy one if I saw one somewhere.
I have a huge fear if rays.
I think there's another company that makes something rather similar to that, I think It's called the Third Hand Capo or something like that? Or am I mistaken? I think that Antoine Dufour uses one (third hand capo) on a few songs.
Quote by obeythepenguin
You win this thread. Pipe organs FTW.

Quote by ShadesOfGray
Let's take it one step further and add a slogan:

Big Bach is listening you!
All in all, I do think It would be a cool thing to have, i'd love to have one, mainly for my acoustic guitar, because I hate retuning it to different tunings....because I'm kinda lazy. But if that is going to cost you a lot of money (or even a small significant amount), then I would make sure it was/is something I'd use regularly.
Quote by obeythepenguin
You win this thread. Pipe organs FTW.

Quote by ShadesOfGray
Let's take it one step further and add a slogan:

Big Bach is listening you!
Am I wrong in thinking that this wouldn't work? First off, for say open G you need to tune the strings different amounts of steps away from standard so the thing would need to go on more than just one fret. Second, when you fret a note won't it just negate what the capo is doing?
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
If you retune your guitar to Open G your chord forms are going to change. If you change the Voicing however, you are merely holding down chords and then playing above those chords. So bar chords and shapes are the same. By playing in open voicings, you can fret strings to play 4ths, 5ths, suspensions, melodies over strums, etc. While maintaining an open tuning feel.

I think the spider capo is a great invention, and seems a little easier to use than the Third Hand Capo.

I would also like to address your comment about needing more than one fret...

I have created a device that covers the first four frets of the guitar and allows you to play in any open voicing imaginable over the first four frets.

It would be great to get the views and opinions of the users in this group.

Also note about price. True, $55 may seem like a lot for a capo (Voice is actually $99), and although the Voice Capo has capo in it's name, it's true function is an open voicing device. It's made in America, and it's simple appearance hides the extensive engineering that went into and still goes into it's development.

If you are interested please take a look at the intro video:

VoiceCapo.com

All the best!
That is awesome (the voice)
Guitars
Ibanez S470B
Iabez MTM2 w/ Seymoar Duncan Blackouts
Epiphone SG

Amps
Roland Micro Cube

Pedals
Boss MT-2