Page 1 of 2
Do ya? I've heard a lot of different things from people about this. My brother doesn't like the zoo because he doesn't like the idea of humans keeping other animals captive so we can stare at them. Even though he owns two cats and it's essentially the same concept as a zoo.

I like zoos...I think they can be a good source of information, and animals are awesome. Plus most animals at zoos are adopted (maybe) and are treated excellently.

Whatchuthink.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
It can be good, but after visiting the same zoo seven times when in primary school, it got annoying
no, I don't like them because I find them boring, nothing to do with animal rights.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

They're just animals. I can understand your brothers point, but then I suppose the idea of humans being incredibly arrogant can be carried through to everything in the whole world thats manmade. But yeah, the one near me has a theme park too. It's bearable.
I know you think that I'm someone you can trust.
But I'm scared i'll get scared and i swear i'll try to nail you back up.

Female SouperHero
Quote by ACG
I like zoos...I think they can be a good source of information
I think that's the only upside about them.
I love em. Most animals are in a zoo because they couldn't survive in the wild. Often they were injured and unable to be released or they were born in captivity. My girlfriend is a zookeeper so I know a decent bit about zoos.
Quote by ACG
Even though he owns two cats and it's essentially the same concept as a zoo.

I disagree with this. Presumably he looks after the cats, which in itself is the same as an animal sanctuary. But does he make people pay to come in and gawp at them for his own financial gain? I very much doubt it.
Quote by Andron17
Go away, I have an erection.

Bassist for Half My Kingdom.
I touched a penguin in a zoo once. Sweet and crazy times.
Quote by CoreysMonster
Why, my pasty danish cracker, I believe you've got it!
I love zoos, aquariums even more so. As long as they're giving the animals the right company and giving them a correct diet and habitat then it's a very nice way to teach people, keep conservation in captivity, and raise awareness.

Quote by cofinboy
They're just animals.

Wait what?
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Last edited by RevaM1ssP1ss at Aug 1, 2009,
Quote by Myfirstpubes
no, mankind is a zoo enough.

this is the truth.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
What kind of a question is this? Everyone loves the zoo.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
I always end up going to the zoo on the hottest day of the century... I can't remember a time I ever went to the Philadelphia Zoo and was not sweating.

But I do like it, I like to see all the animals and read up on them. I hate buying anything in zoos though, prices for food and such are ridiculous.
I love the zoo and I love animals even more. It is a good source of information, especially for people like me who take a great interest in the wildlife.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
OP, cats aren't like zoo animals.

A cat would be like a zoo animal if it was always in plain sight of everyone in a small room.
Tell him most modern zoos are there primarily for conservation.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by TJ1991
I disagree with this. Presumably he looks after the cats, which in itself is the same as an animal sanctuary. But does he make people pay to come in and gawp at them for his own financial gain? I very much doubt it.

Well no, he obviously does not, but that's not the problem he has with zoos. Minus the money the owners make, it's essentially the same.
I love going to zoos. It's cool and interesting to see animals that you usually don't see in everyday life.
Quote by texico11
Anyway, yeah, I love the Zoo; I'm studying to become a Zoologist when I'm older, which, depending on how wild I feel, will either resolve to working as a Zookeeper or going on scientific field work around the world working in animal conservation.

I particularly liked London Zoo, it's compactness and the way it's designed and would very much like to work there one day.

Regarding the animal rights issues; these animals ARE taken proper care of. Zoo's like ZSL are non-profit organisations with most of there money going back into animal conservation and awareness. Most of these animals are taken care of properly, and many of them depend on the Zoo if they're injured of have underlying health issues; There are such things as diabetic animals which can't survive in the wild. Not to mention that these animals are far better off and have a much longer life expectancy than there wild counter-parts, who are forever hungry or in risk of danger, etc.

Good info

btw, definitely go for scientific field work. You'd be able to study so many different exotic animals, I think it'd be a fun time.
I like the zoo, if only the animals weren't asleep.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Quote by ACG
Well no, he obviously does not, but that's not the problem he has with zoos. Minus the money the owners make, it's essentially the same.

Very few zoos are privately owned. Most of them are not for profit and are state/city funded. At least in the good ol US of A they are.
I don't know that we really should capture animals just for our entertainment, but I still like the zoo. It is cool to see animals that I probably would never get to see otherwise.
Quote by texico11
You do know they weigh 3 and a half tons (larger than a ****ing black rhino) and will go bat**** crazy, kill you and dry rape the dismembered parts of your corpse if you look at it funny?

Why do people seem to think hippo's are tame, happy little animals >_>
Well of course. Hippos like it kinky.
kill all humans
We eat the night, we drink the time,
make our dreams come true....
and hungry eyes are passing by
on streets we call the zoo...
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I like the zoo, if only the animals weren't asleep.

This.

I went to the zoo and the freaking Snow Leopard was asleep in a tree out of sight. The only animal I wanted to see and it was in a tree hidden.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
I love zoos, aquariums even more so. As long as they're giving the animals the right company and giving them a correct diet and habitat then it's a very nice way to teach people, keep conservation in captivity, and raise awareness.

Wait what?

+2

__.-~~~~-.|___|___|__
_/********\_|___|___|
|*/**\**/**`~~~~~-.__
||****|**0*********@_
||****|***.********|_
\|****|***\*******/__
_\****/**/`~~~~~~`|__
_('--'""`)__|___|___|
Quote by Jesus
LedDaveZeppelin, You are so awesome.
The animals always look so bored inside a zoo. Zoos are a pain for me, ESPECIALLY since my mom and everyone else in my family want to spend 5x as much time inside the zoo as I want to.
Quote by TJ1991

What difference does it make? Animals have no concept of moneys.
There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
Zoos are meh.

Chester Zoo is alright.

Dudley Zoo is wank - The only good thing about that place are the silly hippies outside protesting
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Zoos are all right I guess. I like having sex with the hippos.

That's going in my sig.

Well done alaskan_ninja
Quote by Stormx
I tremble before your enormous penis.
Quote by molala2
and i farted, it was really stink
Quote by italiarlz135
Led Pepplin, you are god because of this thread.
Quote by josh999x, Brick23

Quote by ACG
Do ya? I've heard a lot of different things from people about this. My brother doesn't like the zoo because he doesn't like the idea of humans keeping other animals captive so we can stare at them. Even though he owns two cats and it's essentially the same concept as a zoo.

I like zoos...I think they can be a good source of information, and animals are awesome. Plus most animals at zoos are adopted (maybe) and are treated excellently.

Whatchuthink.

Not to mention the endangered animals in zoos are protected from otherwise extinction
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Page 1 of 2