Poll: are your parents cool with you drinking alcohol or smoking weed?
Poll Options
View poll results: are your parents cool with you drinking alcohol or smoking weed?
They dont care that i do both.
32 9%
They're cool with me drinking, not smoking pot
129 36%
they're cool with me smoking pot, not drinking
14 4%
they're not cool with both
96 27%
i dont drink or smoke
84 24%
Voters: 356.
Page 1 of 4
if you still live with your parents, are they cool with you drinking or smoking weed? i just found out my parents dont care about me smoking weed.
DECRESCENDO
They don't mind my brother smoking, but drinking's never really been an issue at all.

In fact, my parents actually use alcohol to get me to do stuff for them, whether directly - i.e. they use it to make me drunk enough to sing and play guitar for the family - or, they bribe me into cleaning the house for it.

Either way, it tends to end well.
Quote by greenelephants
They don't mind my brother smoking, but drinking's never really been an issue at all.

In fact, my parents actually use alcohol to get me to do stuff for them, whether directly - i.e. they use it to make me drunk enough to sing and play guitar for the family - or, they bribe me into cleaning the house for it.

Either way, it tends to end well.

Quote by kayaress one

Sir, I love you.

My parents BOTH smoke. And they say if they ever catch me smoking they would make me eat it and kick me out of the house. But I'm only 16. If i was over 18 and LIVING ON MY OWN, they would not care, but as long as i'm living with them I can't. But why would you want to smoke anyways
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”

Oscar Wilde
I live with my dad, and he thinks that Weed should be legalized. However, he will not let me drink

"Most people are trying to simplify the world. We're definitely here to complicate it." - Dad
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I you for posting this.

<-- Pretty much sums me up

8/7/09

^ I was there
My moms always trying to pour alcohol down my neck, but i nearly always refuse.

Both my parent are like, "If you wanna do drugs and get pissed, do it all other places than home"
Quote by CoreysMonster
Why, my pasty danish cracker, I believe you've got it!
Quote by Pman666
my parents know that i do both, they don't exactly approve, but they don't really bother me about it much either.

pretty much this, pretty much at the age though where they just leave me to it. As long as I'm not in a crack house doing meth, then they're cool.
My step-mum says that if I'm ever thinking of smoking anything, I should consult her first, but she won't be mad or anything.

And my mum and dad both discourage me from drinking, but once again, won't be angry.
I don't know, they don't know that I do either, but I feel like they wouldn't stop me, but would be unhappy with my doing it.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Oops, I said they're not cool with both, thinking it said they're cool with both. My mum's not as happy about me smoking but it's fine if i'm just doing it occasionally..
they're definitely cool with me drinking, and my dad doesn't mind me smoking weed, not that I do often. My mum would have a fit over that though.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
My parents will only let me have a little bit to drink like once a year, considering I'm underage. That's all they are okay with. Although, I do more than that. They are definitely not alright with smoking, but I don't do that kind of stuff.
I'm pretty sure my parents know I smoke pot, as they've been in my flat, where my bong sits on the desk; but they haven't mentioned it.

And they're fine with me drinking - but then, I am 18.
Eh, they don't want me going out and getting hammered (not that it really stops me, nor is it ever really talked about), but they'll give me a few beers or whatever if my dad and I are watching the hockey game. I was a little late to drinking, and I still don't drink all that often, so I'm sure if they have any problems they at least appreciate that I'm not out multiple times a week getting hammered..

I don't smoke, but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't approve.
My parents are pretty much no drinking or smoking. If I'm at a party I'll lie and say I had like 1 beer to make it look like I'm drinking, even though I have quite a bit more. I've been really close to being caught high though.

One of my friend's mom is cool with him smoking weed, she got him his first bag of weed and drove him to get his bong. And when we blaze at his house she sometimes makes muffin
they discovered that i've smoked cigars and they freaked out.

they know i've drank before but they don't know whether or not i get wasted frequently (i do).

they don't know i smoke weed and i prefer to keep it that way.
Go Veg.
They never cared much about drinking. I'm of legal age now anyway so they definitely don't care anymore.

Weed wouldn't be cool with them, but I don't smoke so its ok.
If I drank or smoked and my mom found out, it would be the end of me going to public school or even out of the house.
Quote by Darkflame
i don't smoke weed because i think drugs suck
but they would be okay with it, they told me i'm an adult now and i'm old enough to know what i want to do

did you know that weed is healthier then alcohol OR cigarettes?
"Most people are trying to simplify the world. We're definitely here to complicate it." - Dad
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I you for posting this.

8/7/09

^ I was there
Quote by kxy1992
I live with my dad, and he thinks that Weed should be legalized. However, he will not let me drink

that's the dad I want to be actually
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Omg Guise Weed Is So Good For You Because It's Natural Just Like Dog Shit And Rattlesnakes

Actually, here is what Weed does to certain illnesses...

Alzheimer's: Prevents formation of "Alzheimer plaques"

Arthritis: Reduces swelling and inflammation

Asthma: Opens up airways in lungs

Brain Cancer: Reduces tumors, kills cancer cells

Breast Cancer: Stops cancer from spreading

Depression: Brightens mood

Glaucoma: Reduces eye pressure

Head Injuries: Neuroprotective properties, speeds recovery time

HIV: Reduces neuropathic pain, improves appetite and sleep

Hypertension: Lowers blood pressure

Lung Cancer: Reduces tumors, slows cancer growth

Pain: Non-opiate, non-addictive pain killer

A.D.D.: Regulates the effects of A.D.D.
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I you for posting this.

8/7/09

^ I was there
Quote by kxy1992
did you know that weed is healthier then alcohol OR cigarettes?

o rly das a willy willy gud pint thx fo tewin mee
Quote by kxy1992

(long-ass list)

Even if all that is true mummy and daddy still say weed is the devil so
Quote by kxy1992

Alzheimer's: Prevents formation of "Alzheimer plaques"

Arthritis: Reduces swelling and inflammation

Asthma: Opens up airways in lungs That's the biggest load of crap I've ever heard, smoke will close your airways if you suffer from asthma.

Brain Cancer: Reduces tumors, kills cancer cells I'd be worried. We're not in Top Secret! here, you can't randomly shoot cells with pot and expect it only to kill the bad ones.

Breast Cancer: Stops cancer from spreading

Depression: Brightens mood I tried that, it doesn't work, it even made me f*ck up more.

Glaucoma: Reduces eye pressure

Head Injuries: Neuroprotective properties, speeds recovery time

HIV: Reduces neuropathic pain, improves appetite and sleep

Hypertension: Lowers blood pressure

Lung Cancer: Reduces tumors, slows cancer growth

Pain: Non-opiate, non-addictive pain killer

A.D.D.: Regulates the effects of A.D.D.

I had to say this. Especially the depression one.

On Topic: My dad bought me a bottle of Jack Daniel's for my birthday.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
I don't drink, but they wouldn't mind if I did. They think I should get used to drinking a little bit for formal occasions and stuff.

As for smoking, the smell of tobacco smoke makes my mother sick, and probably the same for weed. I've never tried smoking either, though.
Quote by DirtyMakik
I had to say this. Especially the depression one.

On Topic: My dad bought me a bottle of Jack Daniel's for my birthday.

Really? When I do Weed I get super happy

And your dad sounds awesome
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I you for posting this.

8/7/09

^ I was there
Quote by Quam Celerrime
^Yeah, isn't weed a depressant? How would that help depression?

Yes, it is. It's really great to have at least one person with sense in the Pit.

If you have a clinical (AKA major) depression, just take the pills your psychiatrist prescribes you.

Quote by kxy1992
Really? When I do Weed I get super happy

Are you depressive? and I mean clinically depressive.
funkyducky

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Last edited by DirtyMakik at Aug 1, 2009,
I think they would be very disappointed if I started smoking. However, they would probably be okay with drinking, my siblings do so and they are fine with that.

I'm an adult now though, so I guess they can bitch and moan all they want.

(I neither drink or smoke)

Edit: Oh, weed.. I would NOT want to take that discussion with my mom.
I've heard it both ways
Quote by DirtyMakik
Are you depressive? and I mean clinically depressive.

No. I mean I'm stressed and stuff but not depressed.

I'm just going by experience and how I've seen others react to it.

I guess just me and my friends get happy off of it
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I you for posting this.

8/7/09

^ I was there
Quote by Quam Celerrime
^Yeah, isn't weed a depressant? How would that help depression?

I think its actually a stimulant, but not 100% sure. Either way, I wouldn't suggest using weed as an anti-depressant. The comedown of getting high usually gets people pretty lethargic and "depressed"
Quote by One on Sunday
I think its actually a stimulant, but not 100% sure. Either way, I wouldn't suggest using weed as an anti-depressant. The comedown of getting high usually gets people pretty lethargic and "depressed"

WHAT?! Have you ever at least seen someone on dope? A stimulant is something like caffeine or cocaine, weed is a depressant.

Quote by kxy1992
No. I mean I'm stressed and stuff but not depressed.

Yes, weed can help for anxiety, but depression is caused by a chemical inbalance in the brain, and adding more chemicals that don't belong in there will not help.
funkyducky

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Page 1 of 4