Anyone who hasn't subscribed to the NPR all songs considered podcast, you owe it to yourself. I've found some really great artists on it. In addition to downloading 3 concerts from the Swell Season, The Frames, and The Black Keys (all just audio) I've found out about a lot of great indie artists from Bob Boilen's Tiny Desk Concerts (Videos, pretty high quality). I would definitely recommend subscribing and checking out Knaan, Jason Lytle, Julie Doiron, Dr. Dog, David Dondero, Jim White, Super XX Man, Jason Vieaux, Mirah, Bill Callahan and Horse Feathers. Make sure you subscribe to the concert podcast. not the other one.
Oh my lawd. I didn't know this resource was available. Thank a lot for sharing this. I love NPR - best radio programming in the world.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Totally found it by accident while looking for Swell Season stuff. You've been warned though, Sometimes there's downright crap on there, Case in Point: Mikachu and PJ Harvey.
that last comment is almost enough to make someone disregard your opinion completely...that being said, NPR does have some great programming.
Quote by Frames4ever
Anyone who hasn't subscribed to the NPR all songs considered podcast, you owe it to yourself. I've found some really great artists on it. In addition to downloading 3 concerts from the Swell Season, The Frames, and The Black Keys (all just audio) I've found out about a lot of great indie artists from Bob Boilen's Tiny Desk Concerts (Videos, pretty high quality). I would definitely recommend subscribing and checking out Knaan, Jason Lytle, Julie Doiron, Dr. Dog, David Dondero, Jim White, Super XX Man, Jason Vieaux, Mirah, Bill Callahan and Horse Feathers. Make sure you subscribe to the concert podcast. not the other one.

Julie Doiron was in a Moncton, New-Brunswick based band called "Eric's Trip" in the 90's if you wanna check 'em out. I assume you've listened to the stuff from her last album which is sorta similar to a less lo-fi Eric's Trip. Although they have Rick White singing too.
Quote by Love_Buzz
Julie Doiron was in a Moncton, New-Brunswick based band called "Eric's Trip" in the 90's if you wanna check 'em out. I assume you've listened to the stuff from her last album which is sorta similar to a less lo-fi Eric's Trip. Although they have Rick White singing too.

I'm kinda broke right now so I don't have any of her albums, I've really only got the stuff on the podcast. When I do get some cash what albums do you recommend?
also get npr live concert series.

it's just as free and just as awesome.

everything from broken social scene live to the arcade fire live to the national live to conor oberst live... It's 2+ hour live recordings of concerts with interviews and such occasionally.
Anatomy Anatomy
Whale Blue Review

Park that car
Drop that phone
Sleep on the floor
Dream about me
Quote by jiminizzle
also get npr live concert series.

it's just as free and just as awesome.

everything from broken social scene live to the arcade fire live to the national live to conor oberst live... It's 2+ hour live recordings of concerts with interviews and such occasionally.

That's the podcast I've been talking about.
Quote by Frames4ever
I'm kinda broke right now so I don't have any of her albums, I've really only got the stuff on the podcast. When I do get some cash what albums do you recommend?

Love Tara is my favorite by Eric's Trip.
went back and listened to some of the concerts they put out lately. such a gift.
Anatomy Anatomy
Whale Blue Review

Park that car
Drop that phone
Sleep on the floor
Dream about me
A member on here showed me it a week ago, got a whole Animal Collective concert that they broadcasted.

Great stuff.
oh man i remember when that ac set came out. i probably listened to it more than i do MPP.

does anyone else like to listen to NPR on sunday nights? there's usually some really eclectic jams on, pretty awesome.