alright, im a n00b looking to upgrade my amp. my musical liking is all over the map, and im not sure which direction i'll like playing more often. here's some examples of what i like

ac/dc
the decemberists
pain of salvation
dreamtheater
coheed and cabria
death cab
jason mraz
pink floyd
queen

so, i suppose im looking for versatility. are there any amps you can recommend, tube or ss, i dont care, that would be good for me. looking to spend around 500 USD, max. I dont mind going used, so thats definitely a worthwhile option.

I've got a blackstar ht-5 mini half stack on backorder for a really good price (but they keeping ****ing pushing back the date! aaarrrgh!). i like what i heard, but am hesitant about it's versatility a little bit. plus im getting impatient.

so final questions -

1. should i stick with the ht-5 and be patient
2. is the ht-5 versatile enough
3. are there any other ideas or recommendations for me

thanks guys!

current gear

schecter c-1 classic
marshall mg10
for 500 you could get something better than the ministack. Perhaps a Ampeg vc140 or even a Line 6 Flextone. The blackstar is a great amp and all but not that super flexible. I have clips in my profile of the range you can get.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Save up and go with a "Line 6 Variax" Setup. I know a guitarist with several Line 6 Guitars and he changes sounds with a turn of the knob. Clean to Distorted, dropped D / C tunings and I don't know how many other tricks his setup has, all with the turn of a knob or pressing on a pedal. Perfect if you're a guitarist with steadily changing tastes.
Arguing on the Internet is a lot like being in the Special Olympics. Even if you win you're still retarded
line 6 gonna be your best bet, go for a used vetta or flextone, both are good at any and everything.
i really liked what i heard out of the vetta, but then i realized it was 1600 bucks! LOL and all the flextone demo's were just meh (but it's hard to judge sometimes). anyone have any demo's in there profile?
Quote by Bingt
maybe some modelling amp, a roland cube 60? maybe even 80 if you need more power then a lot

edit: fixed some typo's, i had some beers

Stay away from the Roland cube amps...i had a 60 and I returned it a week later just not a really good amp for my tastes. It's not terrible but I wasn't digging the digital/ SS tones
VOX AC15 Classic Combo
Gibson SG Menace
Parker p-42
AnalogMan modified TS-9 Tubescreamer
Boss DD-20 Giga-Delay
Boss Compression sustainer
Maxon AF-9 Auto Filter Wah