So i played my guitar yesterday for about an hr or so, just killing time before i left for dinner, and my amp sounded fine..slight fizz, but the kind most tube amps give off.

well, i put standby off to let my tubes cool before i powered down, BUT i forgot to do it, so when i got back home last night a few hours later..i saw my light was still on. "crap!" but i turned it off...no biggie.

so i plug in today to test out this riff to find this HORRID feedback. the feedback that wont go away when i turn up the volume.

i found out it was from my cab and not my guitar, so im wondering what the problem is

this is pissing me off, especially since i just ordered a new pedal to try out.

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
Your tubes probably died and went microphonic. Do the tap test.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
uhh, no, they're not. i JUST bought them less than a month ago, they were properly installed, and they have less than 5 hrs playtime on them

EDIT: and on another note, i can still play my guitar and the amp sounds great, practically the same as it did yesterday..just with that bad feedback thrown in the mix

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
Last edited by jcp42877 at Aug 1, 2009,
Microphonic tubes, broseph. Perform the tap test.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
is that tapping my preamp tubes to see if i get any sound?

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables