I recently bought a banjo. And i find the head to be rather uninteresting to look at. But im wondering, since the key to a banjos tone is the drum-like head, would it hurt or muffle the sound if i put stickers in there? It doesnt muffle it when i rest my fingers on the head. But i just wanna be sure
I wouldn't try to place alot of them, to be honest. I've played banjo for awhile and to be honest banjos hate everything-too much heat, high humidity, too cold, and so on.

When I bought my banjo I had instructions to let it warm for three hours in a case to keep from damaging the instrument, So I think stickers would most like hurt the sound if you were to place too many on the drum but one or two I don't think would hurt.
thanks for the advice guys. But since you mentioned it, what does changing the angle of the tail piece do? i thought it had something to do with intonation
Last edited by FUT55 at Aug 1, 2009,
Stickers? I dunno. Maybe you're approaching this from the wrong angle.
There has to be something more interesting than stickers you can do to your banjo.

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
...is it just me, or does that look like an EMG on his banjo?? XD
Quote by conor1148
who cares if they're drawn,

boobies

Gear:
Peavey Supreme 100W head
Crate 4x12 cab
Epiphone Les Paul Standard+
Modded Johnson Stratocaster
If you want to make a banjo more interesting you can try a a custom paint job on the back. That is if you don't have a open face, or maybe a piezo pickup and bridge kit, or a custom head.