hey!

so, i was choosing between buying a notebook or a mesa boogie preamp, and thought it was more useful to buy the notebook...

But i want to know if i can, buy a midi pedalboard (such as Behringer 1010) and make some useful presets with decent quality with some software, and most important, TO PLAY LIVE!

Basically, what software should i use? what hardware do i need to buy?

Thanks for your help!
Ivan!

Proghead+Metalhead= ME

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

URL=http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ar gentina
I would assume to some extent, yes.
I believe you could use the notebook as a digital head. You would need a cabinet (cab) to get enough volume, but it could be done. As it is, I know little about the software you'd need.
if you're playing through a laptop, you need some sort of interface. For this I would reccomend a toneport or guitarport thingy, I have the UX1 and I love it, serves me great.

Next depending on the the pedal board it will either attach by USB or midi, if not by USB you'll need some sort of a Midi interface as well.

Next the interface you get has to have 1/4" outputs, and you would run those probably from a mixer into a PA system.

Would take alot of work, and you would have serious issues if the comp crashed, but if you used Amplitube or something you could get some wicked awesome effects out of it if setup right.

you setup would run like this:

Guitar->Input Interface->Laptop Software->Output on Interface->Mixer->PA System

With your midi pedalboard running like: Pedalboard->Midi Interface->Laptop Software

Good Software:
Amplitube Series
Guitar Rig 3
Last edited by Ghast at Aug 1, 2009,
From my experience, theres gonna be a delay. Also, maybe try the recording forum? They might offer more for this topic.
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist
You want to check my profile. Do it.

Flickr
There won't be any delay if his CPU is up to the processing task.
Quote by Ghast
There won't be any delay if his CPU is up to the processing task.

Notebook sound cards usually suck.

But he could probably get an external input that would reduce/eliminate the delay.
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist
You want to check my profile. Do it.

Flickr
so, if i want to do this the midi way...

i would need a MIDI pedalboard, Guitar Rig 3 or Amplitube Software, Sound card??, MIDI interface and input interface....right?

now, how do i get to make the presets and change them with the pedalboard??
Ivan!

Proghead+Metalhead= ME

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

thanks!
Ivan!

Proghead+Metalhead= ME

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

So does that mean you could use like Guitar Rig 3, or something like a POD 2.0 or the studio one i think it is,

As a amp for gigs etc?

Personally i don't like this sorta stuff because my speakers are fairly fail i rather that full sound you get from a amp,

But can it be done?
The latency from the laptop will cause... well, delay.
But not the good kind of delay.
and the output (Presumably the headphone socket) won't be of excellent quality.

At least you can record with the laptop, but IMHO, an amp would have been better.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄