Whats the main difference between combo and half stack as they are around the same price??
Well what do you think...

A combo amp, is a combo.

A half stack is the head and cabinet seperately, so you can keep the cabinet but replace the head, or replace the head and keep the cabinet.
Quote by Ghast
Well what do you think...

A combo amp, is a combo.

A half stack is the head and cabinet seperately, so you can keep the cabinet but replace the head, or replace the head and keep the cabinet.

keep the head and replace the cab or keep the cab and change the head?

i might have some beers drunk down but i stil see u say it twice as the same
combos are much easier on your back, but most of them are opened back cabs, so your going to get a fuller, but less punchy sound (vise versa for a closed back)

I have a 2x12 combo right now, and i want to build a stereo 2x12 closed back to go under it, get the best of both worlds
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
assuming by halfstack you mean a 412, if so then its louder and will sound "fuller" than the combo, assuming the combo has less, smaller, or less efficient speakers. Also when you get the halfstack, you have 2 separate components that are interchangable, with a combo the speaker and amp are in one cabinet, so its not as easily interchangable with other components you might want to use. Say if you get a JCM800 head, as opposed to a combo, you could use that head with say, a mesa speaker cabinet as opposed to using the marshall cabinet that the combo is in