Currently my gear is:

Gibson SG Faded (DiMarzio Super Distortion/Humbucker From Hell) / Fender Lite Ash (Seymour Duncan Alnico 2's) --> BOSS ME 50 / Fulltone OCD --> Orange Tiny Terror / Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 50 w/ Orange PPC112

My problem is that the terror isn't versatile enough and while the Hughes and Kettner sounds good, I'm just playing at home levels ( well not when no one's home ) and so I never crank it past 2 on the master volume. I also am not a single coil type of guy.

The profit I make would ideally be $2000 for the strat, both amps, and BOSS.

So let's say my budget would be $1200 (going a bit over would be alright). The amp must be versatile, have a warm clean sound, and have usable gain on tap. I am looking for something thing to give me that Gary Moore smoothness. I (try to)play blues (clapton, trower), classic rock (cars, hendrix, zep), and higher gain rock/metal (ac/dc, megadeth, metallica). The must is to be able to get quality sound at bedroom levels preferably without attenuation.

What are you suggestions as this thread is mainly for me to start my quest in checking out amps before I sell almost everything
"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."
I'm really liking the randall mts series, u can replace the modules to get different tones very versatile
PRS Tremonti SE
Ibanez 320 RG DX QM
PEAVEY RAPTOR MUTANT
DIMARZIO PUPS
CRATE 2X12 120W
Crate APM-75
Boss Dr-3
GR-30, GT-10...
Quote by jc349

Happy Birthday

Hmm I looked at the Rebel 20 while buying my Orange but the store wasn't in stock and so I never tried one. I went back a few months later and tried it. I was pretty nice but a bit muddy. I guess upgrading the tubes would help. In consideration.
Blackstar HT-5, I think, would suit you much better than the Egnater, but if you ever did get a band, it's not going to be loud enough. However, it's a much cheaper option than the Rebel.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I'm really looking into the Vox AC15 Custom Classic with the Alnico blue. Anyone have any experience with this amp?
If you like the sound of the Hughes and Kettner, why do you feel the need to replace it?

I think you're making a mistake here as you may find yourself needing the volume at some point.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
if you go with egnater, check out the rebel 30 as opposed to the 20. it has two channels, ten extra watts, reverb, and silent recording, as well as all the features of the 20. it runs for about 900 i think
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM strat with dimarzio pups
JCM800
Egnater Rebel 30
Takamine Acoustic
tons of pedals
Quote by Raijouta
If you like the sound of the Hughes and Kettner, why do you feel the need to replace it?

I think you're making a mistake here as you may find yourself needing the volume at some point.

Because I am looking to try something different.