Bass amp's aren't made to handle the frequencies of guitars. You could bust your speaker and would end up sounding like **** anyway,
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
Quote by SOADriff
Bass amp's aren't made to handle the frequencies of guitars. You could bust your speaker and would end up sounding like **** anyway,

actually, it wouldn't be that bad. if you plugged a bass into a guitar amp, THEN you'll be speaker breaking

TS, it might not sound great, but it shouldn't hurt
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
basses are much more powerful than guitars, so the other way around would hurt. but a guitar into a bass amp wouldn't hurt.
METALLICA!!!
___________ ____________

Epiphone Les Paul
Epiphone Sunburst
Ibanez V70CENT
LINE 6 Spider III 15
Peavey Bandit 112
Jim Dunlop, Dava, First Act Picks
Quote by SOADriff

blasphemy lol. its actually when u plug bass into guitar amps

experiment with the acoustic into bass u might be able to get a nice low tone, i have seen and heard some pretty nice tones out of electric-bass amp.
Quote by SOADriff

this is actually not true. Most of the time bass amps can handle guitars. They just don't sound very good. Guitar amps can't handle bass frequencies.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Quote by Always-Ben
Should I plug into my Stereo or Mono input?

mono if you have one speaker. Stereo if you have two.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Playing a guitar through a bass amp is prettymuch okay. playing a bass through a guitar amp....is bad though. But it should work, may not sound pretty, but it should work.
Quote by obeythepenguin
You win this thread. Pipe organs FTW.

Quote by ShadesOfGray
Let's take it one step further and add a slogan:

Big Bach is listening you!
Plugging an acoustic into an electric guitar amp wouldn't hurt either then? For some reason it just seems strange to me.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by David_Bowie=GOD
Plugging an acoustic into an electric guitar amp wouldn't hurt either then? For some reason it just seems strange to me.

No, it wouldn't hurt the amp. It won't sound great with an acoustic internal microphone though, probably a ton of feedback...but you get that with most amps. If its a magnetic soundhole pickup, which works just like an electric pickup, you can actually get a decent half-acoustic half-electric tone out of it.

BTW, I thought your sig said "RIP Brian May" and I was like "OMG HOW DID I NOT KNOW?"
Composer of Scores for Film/Video Games/TV/and More!
Contact me if you have a project that you need music of any style for!
Last edited by ReChord at Aug 2, 2009,
Quote by ReChord
No, it wouldn't hurt the amp. It won't sound great with an acoustic internal microphone though, probably a ton of feedback...but you get that with most amps. If its a magnetic soundhole pickup, which works just like an electric pickup, you can actually get a decent half-acoustic half-electric tone out of it.

BTW, I thought your sig said "RIP Brian May" and I was like "OMG HOW DID I NOT KNOW?"

Haha thats funny, I'm actually listening to Queen as I type this.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^