Im modding my squier, and Id like to route a space in the back for a tuner. Ive asked about this before, but it never really took off. I have a diagram made, and Id like to see if anyone can make since of it. On the right side is where the pickups/pots are. They are not pictured. The center rectangle is a on/on switch. One going to the output, the other going to a tuner. I'm confused as to what to do with the ground wire. If anyone can tell me if this would work, id really appreciate it.

EDIT: When I switch to one on position, i want to play guitar through the amp. When its in the opposite position, i want the tuner to work.
MY GEAR!
Amp
-Peavey Classic 30
Guitars
-Silverburst Epiphone Les Paul Custom
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone
-MXR Carbon Copy
Last edited by fender4482 at Aug 1, 2009,
that's pretty insane. to be honest, i've never seen anything like it, so i can't really say. it looke logical, tho. go for it.
METALLICA!!!
___________ ____________

Epiphone Les Paul
Epiphone Sunburst
Ibanez V70CENT
LINE 6 Spider III 15
Peavey Bandit 112
Jim Dunlop, Dava, First Act Picks
if the tuners in the back how r u gonna see it to tune ur guitar? it would be quite a hassle to tune the guitar while holding it at any angle that will allow u to see the tuner in the back
Gear

Guitar:
Squier Strat

Amp:
Fender Roc Pro 1000 Half Stack

Pedals:
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Digitech Cool Cat Chorus
i think there is a product called n-tune, that drops in with out mods. I have only heard good things about it, although I do not have it.
Quote by dwd123
i think there is a product called n-tune, that drops in with out mods. I have only heard good things about it, although I do not have it.

Ive read on this, but I wanna do my own thing, thanks though.
MY GEAR!
Amp
-Peavey Classic 30
Guitars
-Silverburst Epiphone Les Paul Custom
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone
-MXR Carbon Copy
Quote by dwd123

http://www.ntune.com/
You could also build it in the upper horn, like on acoustics. It'd be a lot easier to tune rather than having to look at the back of your guitar (I'm assuming you're putting it in the old spring cavity, so you'd just have to run the output up to the horn)
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
thats not how you would wire it at all. you dont have anything going to the center lugs of the switch. basicly take the wires coming in from the left and move them up to the center lugs. and isnt the black ground also? so why is there an extra green wire from the left? what is over there anyway?
hmmm it seems logical you could add a switch like on a super strat mod it would have to connect instead of the switch guitar fetish sells them email the guy about your idea and im sure he could help you theyre always very nice and super respnsive then you could even put a face plate on it but idk youll have to talk to the guy

btw the website is www.guitarfetish.com
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II(
"Epicaster" pimped out strat
Fender Blues Jr.
DeltaLab RD1 Rock distortion
Barber handmade USA Direct Drive Overdrive
DeltaLab Stereo chorus
MXR 6 band EQ
I am not sure if this will help but if you jump on our web site you can see the wiring diagrams of how we solved this problem with N-Tune. The switch you have shown above looks to be a standard 2PDT. We use that same switch configuration in our push pull pots and even have the wiring defined for your strat: http://www.ntune.com/Downloads/250kWiringDiagram.pdf It sounds like a fun project let me know if the diagrams we have helped you.