for those who use coated strings and want a free beater guitar, musiciansfriend is giving away a free rogue parlor guitar with their string multi packages. go to this page

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/navigation/guitar-strings?N=100001+343588&Ns=P_Price|1&rpp=20

and check out any of the string packs on this page that say "Item Ships Free!" with the listing. this is the guitar http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product?sku=993042 and i hear that considering what it is, it's actually not bad. if you can't get to that page, go to acoustic guitar strings and sort by highest price first.
Last edited by patticake at Aug 1, 2009,
I've just recently written about D'Addario XL strings in my reviews. I got some new strings in today to replace some worn-out wires on my Ibanez AF75D hollowbody electric (yes, I still have/love the great Orange Punkin AF75D... forever a fan). El Paso Latisse sheer bodystocking I think strings are a very personal thing, and as I've said before, this is not a fanboy point of view. This is a real, objective writing about some really wonderful strings. At some point, I'll cover other flatwounds... I can't always change strings every day to write tons of reviews - so I review the things I play and count on just as much as I write about what I like or don't like.
wow. that's a pretty nice deal. i'd buy it... maybe depending on certain circumstances.
Schecter Diamond Series C-1 Elite
Roland Cube 30x
Blueridge BR-143
That'd be cool if it wasn't a crap guitar.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
WOW Must a real jewel of a guitar if there giving it away with strings....LOL
the rogues i've owned aren't actually that bad. my rogue 5 string bass was actually a good entry level bass and my cheap GC i just got is better than a number of the cheaper guitars at guitar stores.
that guitar is better than my main guitar but mine came with a free mandolin. owned.
i think it's the same guitar, isn't it?

hey, how's the mandolin? i know it's not good, but does it have any glaring issues? i was thinking of getting it to mess around with.

Quote by yabes24
that guitar is better than my main guitar but mine came with a free mandolin. owned.
Quote by yabes24

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.................
Weird. It's like buying 4 tires and getting the car free. Kind of a lose lose for the guitar maker don't you think?
it may be a loss leader - a way to get more business while losing a bit of money per transaction. often that's cheaper than a massive advertising campaign.

Quote by LeftyDave
Weird. It's like buying 4 tires and getting the car free. Kind of a lose lose for the guitar maker don't you think?
the mandolin is built descent, doesnt sound spectacular but it works for messing around
If i used coated strings and bought them in bulk, I'd go for that deal. However, I don't used coated strings so that kind of ruins it for me.

and Vigenharutyunya (did I spell it right? XD), your signature is awesome. I love that movie.
Quote by obeythepenguin
You win this thread. Pipe organs FTW.

Quote by ShadesOfGray
Let's take it one step further and add a slogan:

Big Bach is listening you!
That's actually probably not too bad of a guitar. I have a cheap-o Rouge that my wife got me for xmas (she knows nothing about guitars she only knew how much money she had to spend), it's a similar model to what they're giving away and it got pretty decent sound. The build quality is rather sub-par (the bridge is lifting away from the body a little and the tuners are crappy) but it's very playable as a beater guitar.
Quote by vigenharutyunya
and how much was that guitar with the mandolin.. ^^^

99$ from a musiciansfriend catalog awhile back its a johnson guitar. lasted me a couple years, but recently it sounds dull, and i cant play anything past 12th fret without it buzzing. but i didnt expect much just wanted something to play around with
Lol well i guess it's worth for messing around.. andi f you got he mandolin it aint a bad deal

to CLayonfire... yeah u spelled it right but it actualyl had to be VigenHarutyunyan tha last "n" didnt fit... lol... so better call me V

yeah the movie is awesome... lol your 1 of those less people who like my sig
thnx