its good but it sounds like so many other rock songs. i don't know how to explain its just sounds really genric like something you hear in every teen movie.
Last edited by xXBoneYardsXx at Aug 1, 2009,
I really like it. It seems varied and well structured while not getting repetitive. I particularly liked the vocalist's voice and the use of the harmonies. I do agree with coldsuzy to an extent, it does seem a little generic, but it is a very good generic and I'm not all sure that's really a bad thing. I apologize that I can't think of anything specific to make it better, but overall a great job and keep it up! Crit mine if you would please: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1154892&highlight=Honest+opinions+yo
i listend to recovery. it sounded just like tons of other songs. i think thats the style though. i like the singer, great punkish voice. impressive. it semmed pretty complete to me. im not sure how you could make it better. it is what it is. i like the lyrics. nice job. the recording is perfect to. very very pro sounding. it sounds like the "dirty little secret song" lol. good job man.

crit mine? c4c? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=21015397#post21015397
ok I am going to just pass up the generic comment. Good sound quality and vocal harmonies. No vocal correction?? No definately not. I hear very minor imperfections- I don't mean that to be negative, I like when people sound like humans singing and not like a machine. Good progressions. Not my favorite style of music but over all I could see this being played on the radio and all that jazz. If you want to critique mine check this link: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/search.php?searchid=386575 Thanks!
I wouldn't say that it sounds generic, but it does sound like it doesn't stray too far away from anything else already out there. You know?

Don't get me wrong, it's great. Truly great. Especially the sound quality!

It's like it stays with what has already been established as good, you know? But if you do what's always been done, nothing is going to change.

TL,DR;
It's great, including the sound quality, but doesn't take any sort of risk that makes it new or fresh.
Great recording. I liked the little bass fill, and I thought the bridge was a good heavy bridge that was working. I think you sound like a band that knows what they are doing, but need some fresh ideas because this isn't exceptionally original. As far as the actual instrumental I only thought the synth was kinda weak, but that is just my preference.
Jackson Soloist SL-3
Squire Strat
Crate XT120R
Marshall JH-1 Jackhammer
Dunlop Crybaby
Damn that was awesome.

Clear recording, vocals are perfect.

Everything is the right volume level. It may be a little generic at moments, but that doesn't mean it's bad.
Really of a higher level workmanship and professionalism... catchy guitar riffs, good lyrics, great vocals, couldn't really add much anything to the song itself, maybe a ripping solo? that would definately hit the spot with many of the guitar players here at UG, other than that amazing work!

please critique my little tune, The First Time, if you find the time to do so, thanks in advance.

Peace.
My Gear:

--- Fender Starcaster Black Edition
--- Digitech RP - 55 Effects Pedal
--- Line 6 Spyder Amp 40w
--- Guitar Pro 5.2
--- Audacity 1.3 (Beta)