hey, basically ive just started getting a small income and also have £100 saved up and i thought now that its summer, id treat myself to some much needed new equip. ill run you down on what im looking for and what my setup is so far and if anyone has any ideas then thatd be pretty great.

right now im running: fender mex tele -> ehx doublemuff -> fender blues jr
i occasionally use the digitech whammy pedal but havent really found a reliable way of playing it without the huge tone suck (also, i was wondering, would running into 2 amps each boosting a different end of my sound help me be able to use the whammy without sounding horrible?)

im looking for a new pedal to add a little variety and action to my sound. i play a kind of mix of bluesy stuff with stoner rock, a little like some of what the dead weather have been turning out if anyones heard that. basically slow, fuzzy blues with that kind of barren, desert feel.

i was thinking maybe a delay pedal (are the boss delay pedals good? which ones are recommended?) which id probably mostly use with the frequency up way high just to get a real harsh stuttery sound which i flick on and off whenever needed. the new big muff (with tone wicker) looks great but im not gunna get another muff before i get any other pedals really.
Get a bypass looper for the whammy so that you can get rid of the tonesuckage. It basically puts the whammy outside of your signal chain when you are not using it. You can build one yourself for less than 20 bucks or buy one, but they are really simple to make.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
thats an idea, but surely it doesnt really help at all when i am using the whammy?
Nope, it only really helps if the bypass on the other pedal sucks.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
probably a pretty dumb question but how would another pedal having crap bypass help how the whammy sounds when im using it?
Does the Blues Junior have an effects loop? If you're running the Whammy there, take it out and run it right after the guitar. I find mine doesn't suck tone at all when it's not in the effects loop.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
effects loop meaning built in stack of effects? naw it doesnt, its a pretty stripped down tube combo.
Quote by kthxbi
effects loop meaning built in stack of effects?

No... the effects loop is the "send" and "return" jack, otherwise known as preamp out and power amp in, which places one's pedals after the preamp but before the power amp. Considering you don't know what an effects loop is, I'll take that as a "no".
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
yeah im not really that big on the technical side of stuff yet - ive just never known where to begin on learning about what does what and how to best do it and what order to do it in and stuff like that.