I'm getting a lot of Buzz on my low E string when I play at the bottom of the fret board. I have tried fretting it differently but nothing technique wise seems to work. Should I use different strings? or is this a problem with this particular guitar? I'm using a standard strat with Ernie ball super Slinkys.

Thanks for the help!
raise the string a little.

the how to is in the first post of the green link in my sig.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Ah thanks man! So I just loosen the two allen screws slightly and retune and I'm good?
you would tighten them to raise the string, tune and good to go.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Also, after you raise the saddle, check and make sure it is properly compensated. You want to tune the string and then make sure that when you play that string fretted on the 12th fret that it doesn't go sharp or flat. You'll have to move the saddle back or forth depending on which it is. There's info on this all over the internet. Good luck
I tried adjusting it but I had no luck. It seems on mine it isn't an allen screw. Either that, or it's bolted in upside down. My trem looks like this one:

looks like allen pegs to me.

you know the two pegs per saddle raise and lower as shown in the first post of the green link right?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565
looks like allen pegs to me.

you know the two pegs per saddle raise and lower as shown in the first post of the green link right?

Yes I understand the howto. I have a set of very small allen wrenches with me. But when I get the one that fits perfectly it just spins around. Allen screws are not round on the inside, they are hexagonal. The screws on my strat are round. There is no way I can see to grip them.

EDIT:

I just tried with a larger wrench and it worked. I was doing it wrong. We can chalk this one up to stupidity.
Last edited by Zmatt at Aug 2, 2009,
nah, just being new to this, that's all.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62