Well, its not really a dilemma, I just kinda need a few questions answered.

So any way, recently I've been getting really into blues guitar, and was trying to find the right equipment., but I'm still really into my rcok and roll/ metal stuff. So, finally, I found a guitar that someone asked if I wanted to buy. It's a 2007 VG Strat. It has an on board sound sytem, with many different settings, like a standard strat, telecaster, fat strat, to get all the right sounds. It also has a knob for dropped d, open g, etc.

Its like a 2000 dollar guitar, but the guy wants to get rid of it. He said he'd sell it to me for 600 bucks. Right now, I only have 100, plus my BC RICH SOB that I might want to sell.

First off, is this a good guitar, nevermind prices or anything. Does it have that 50's-60's blues sound that Im looking for? Is it sturdy, and last? Will it be an investment? I didn't really play it yet, I'll probably look at it sometime this week.

Second, how much can I sell my BC Rich for?

Lastly, how can I make the rest of the money if i decide on getting it. I'm only 15, so I can't really get a steady job, but I'm kinda dying for this right now.
The VG strat is kind of your jack of all trades strats. It uses a sound modeling system to simulate the tones it says, and its basically the robot guitar for Fender. Some of the tones sound good, but you can get the same tones from a normal strat if you just EQ correctly.

You could get the guitar, sell it higher than you bought it, buy a used MIM HSS/SSS strat, and a good amp. Kill two birds with one stone.
Could this be real? Only for $600?

^ What that guy said, isn't this that Strat that you can set to sound like a 12 string aswell?
Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-1960 Yamaha Orange Sticker Acoustic
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
Quote by IdntNedUrCvlWar
Could this be real? Only for $600?

Yes? There are a few EJ strats lurking on ebay for $1000 used, so it's not that suprising if the VG strat is at $600. The guy could be desperate for cash.
Quote by FallsDownStairs
Yes? There are a few EJ strats lurking on ebay for $1000 used, so it's not that suprising if the VG strat is at $600. The guy could be desperate for cash.

I only said that, because I saw one at Guitar Center, used for $1800 and wasn't quite sure. But alright then.
Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-1960 Yamaha Orange Sticker Acoustic
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
Quote by IdntNedUrCvlWar
I only said that, because I saw one at Guitar Center, used for $1800 and wasn't quite sure. But alright then.

All depends on the seller.

To answer your first question in your edited post. The VG strat simulates the Telecaster, a 12 string, Baritone, and some other stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCydOEBPIeo

^Explains the VG strat and demo's it.
Thanks so far. You guys answered part of my first question. Any answers for the other 2?
you can probably get 200-250 dollars
and for extra money just go work at a bagel shop
dont remember what the price of those VG strats was exactly, but it was something around $1400 new (give or take a couple hundred). basicly its like an american strat with a midi pickup and some extra electronics. if you can get it cheaper than a used american strat its a no brainer. the modeling isnt like super fantastic, but it works well enough and would be good for a live situation.

as for selling your guitar, if its the $300 model i would say you could get like $200 tops. BC Rich guitars arent always in huge demand though, so it might go for less. throw it up on craigslist and see if you get any interest.

as for how to make money, well you can always mow lawns or do yardwork for neighbors (old folks especially). i know people always complain about how hard it is to make money, but if you put your mind to it and dont mind some hard work it usually isnt too hard to make a couple hundred bucks.
Well, actually it's not midi, it just changes the sound. I still gotta look into what it is exactly, but as soon as I heard about it, it sounded like a great deal.

Yeah craigslist. I actually didn't think about that. It was supposed to be 300, yeah, but I got a good deal on it, and I think I'd break even, if I get 250, but 200 is fine.

I'll try. First I'll go through all the crap I dont need/use/want, and sell that. My BC Rich might be hard to get rid of for me, I kinda liked the poor thing, but it only has like 1 sound, but I think it would be worth it to do that. And yeah, doing odd jobs doesnt always work out for me. I get 15 bucks once from one person doing little stuff, but they never call me to do anything again... : (