So recently my friend (whos an idiot) brought to my attention a "band" by the name of LMFAO. I immediately thought that that was perhaps the worst band name ever thought of. Turns out, its a bit of a fad.

While my brother was browsing through TV channels (hes 10), he stopped at Nickelodeon. It was on a commercial break, and the advertisement happened to be for Kids Bop 10654 (or however many there are). One of the songs off the CD is titled "LOL."

Just yesterday my sister and I were driving home from the mall, and I was polite enough to give her radio control even though she listens to Top 40 stations, which I cant stand. She turned on some garbage station, and these are the lyrics that were being repeated over a generic drum beat:

L-O-L, smiley face
L-O-L, smiley face
L-O-L, smiley face

Even my sister, the biggest Top 40 station consumer ***** I know, was appalled.
Is this not the worst songwriting you've ever heard?
Are majority of people really stupid enough to listen to this?
What has this world come to?
Who can save us?
Well I agree that this is not songwriting, it is just a way to promote the bad grammer all of these texting teanagers are using.

But the lyrics are only as important as you make them out to be There is a band for instence (Phish) that only uses words to help make their songs sound better and not to actually say something. And now they are one of the biggest jam bands of America.

By the fact that it was on the Top 40 Station Consumer I can tell that it was not about the music so I would say that band has no skills if it cannot think of anything better than
"L-O-L, smiley face
L-O-L, smiley face
L-O-L, smiley face"
Comments or Suggestions
Omit or Change
Suggested Changes

I am the 24 Wild Rovers
If You Wish to Give C4C Click on the Smlileys
:
Quote by 24WildRovers
Well I agree that this is not songwriting, it is just a way to promote the bad grammer all of these texting teanagers are using.

But the lyrics are only as important as you make them out to be There is a band for instence (Phish) that only uses words to help make their songs sound better and not to actually say something. And now they are one of the biggest jam bands of America.

By the fact that it was on the Top 40 Station Consumer I can tell that it was not about the music so I would say that band has no skills if it cannot think of anything better than
"L-O-L, smiley face
L-O-L, smiley face
L-O-L, smiley face"

You spelled "grammar" wrong...

And lyrics to me are important. I'm not saying that songs have to have words to be good. There are plenty of great instrumental songs. But if a song is going to have lyrics, at least make them good.
You spelled "grammar" wrong...
QUOTE]
LOL! gold. absolute gold.
but i like it i think if theres a new language developing in these aconyms and stuff then there might as well be music in it. besides i think its kind of tongue in cheek anyway so its a good larf.
I am Rob Rideout! Wearer of Pants!