I have a dilemma. I am a newb who has been playing for 4 months and taking lessons. I am getting better every day. I have a Peavey Vypyr 30 with Sanpera II pedal. In order to play some detuned songs, I was thinking of getting the Morpheus Detune pedal, if the reviews are good on it. I found out Digitech makes something similar and the whammy drop effect would be a bonus since my BC Rich Bronze Series doesnt have a whammy bar. If I bought either effects pedal, it should work with my Peavy Vypyr amp with no problems...right??
My Gear:

B.C. Rich Warlock Bronze Series
Jackson Performer 6
Peavey Vypyr 30
Sanpera II
if you haven't been playing but for 4 months, you really don't need to worry about effects too much right now.
R.I.P. Randy Rhoads
Quote by madh4ttr
if you haven't been playing but for 4 months, you really don't need to worry about effects too much right now.

This. you will get too distracted with effects and other things, you have more than enough now. work on technique and playing.
Fender Mexi Strat
FuzzFace/Rangemaster
Boss RC-2
Line 6 Flextone III XL
Ibanez aw20ce

FS/FT
Boss TU-2
Marhsall BB-2
Digitech Digiverb
Digitech PDS1700
535q wah
OK I could get the Morpheus Detune pedal so I can play play detuned songs instead...and use it for detuning only.
My Gear:

B.C. Rich Warlock Bronze Series
Jackson Performer 6
Peavey Vypyr 30
Sanpera II
The Vypyr has a pitch shifter...
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Ghold125
So why don't you want to de-tune your guitar manually?

+1
The only detuning effect type thing i've heard that sounded even remotely good was a Line6 Variax guitar (which uses piezos for each string rather than detuning all the same amount) with a POD, and thats about $800 worth of stuff right there.
Quote by Ghold125
So why don't you want to de-tune your guitar manually?

yea man, its only like 15 min max of your life to just de-tune it yourself
What do you mean by 'detune' exactly?

Link?
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
The guy didn't ask for advice on anything except the pedals he was asking about.
I think the DigiTech is probably a better choice, personally.
We've drained full confession booths, polluted drinking wells with our repentances, and then stood grinning with our arms around the shoulder of a rotting child.

If you resist change, you will be here forever.
Quote by NorfIrIon
The guy didn't ask for advice on anything except the pedals he was asking about.
I think the DigiTech is probably a better choice, personally.

Have you tried it? I own one and the detuning sounds extremely sloppy and tracks horribly, plus its limited to 2 semitones down. I've never tried or heard the Morpheus, but I doubt it would sound very natural simply because of the nature of pitch shifting pedals.
Simply manually down-tuning is the cheapest, simplest and best sounding way of changing tunings. Plus TS said his guitar has a fixed bridge so there would be minimal adjustments required.
I have had the same problem. When I change groups from say prog metal to thrash... I need to change a few things! I'd have to agree you're looking for a very expensive way around at a beginner's level. If money's no problemo then, go with the above mentioned pedals.

If you wanna save some bucks you could probably get set up for just 50 dollars. You'll need an alan key [super small one], some heavy strings, and then a tuner!

First, get a tuner like a marshall one. They're cheap around 12 euros. There's a great tuning bit just press a button like 4 - 5 times to get there.

Next, buy some heavier strings and then raise the ACTION on your guitar. My bass only likes 3 semi-tones before I get buzz and blindness. So, raise the action.

To be honest, it's better to detune it manually. Once I played a major gig and I had to plug raw into the PA without effects or my bass head! Plus batteries and cables, it's a pain IMHO!
I never used the Whammy to detune for a whole song...because it doesn't track all that well for that application IMO

I HATE this new morpheus pedal. It gets everybody all hyped up thinking they can take their Standard tuned guitar...and play in any dropped tuning they please. Which you can't. Not only do people get confused on what it can do, but using it for anything beyond a step down sounds like shit. The half step down function would be the only thing I would use, anything beyond that I would rather have another guitar set up for that lower tuning. And for the price...I think I can manage to detune my guitar a half step just fine.
Last edited by eyebanez333 at Jan 7, 2010,
Instead of listening to a bunch of worthless internet crybabies whine about a pedal they don’t use, just buy the Morpheus at GC and if you don’t like it return it.
Everyone needs to actually go out and listen to the Morpheus before they write it off. I've heard it, it sounds pretty good. It of course does not sound the same as a drop tuned guitar, but for 1/2 step or 1 step dropping it actually does a really darn good job. It gets warbly when you talk about dropping 4 whole steps, but its a really cool new pedal overall. I almost bought one myself but just ended up getting a baritone guitar because I wanted C standard and lower tunings.

Its called "Morpheus DropTune" BTW, not Detune. A bunch of videos on youtube.
I own a whammy and the drop tune function on it is really poor it tracks horribly. I tried the Morpheus a couple of weeks ago while it is better than the whammy its still sounds very fake and considering the amount of money it costs its definitely not worth buying one. I recommend you buy a decent tuner if you haven't already and just down tune manually.
If you're looking to play tight "br00t4l" metal, the Whammy won't do it and neither will the Droptune.

For doom and other kinds where looseness and sag are acceptable, though, I think my Whammy sounds just fine.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??