Same as topic, i want to get into to this, i know how to solder and stuff and i was wondering what are some simples mods i can do? I have a Dunlop Cry Baby Wah Pedal (The $60 one) and idk really what to say... well also i heard something about making a bypass pedal that was easy to make and where could i get designs for that?
The first thing you should do is figure out what you're looking for from a modification. Doing it just for the sake of doing it is just a bad idea. A mod with a purpose will be much easier to plan for.

The "bypass pedal" you mentioned is probably an A/B switch. There are good schematics online in a few places that are pretty good.

If you're American, the BYOC pedals are a good way to start learning about schematics, and the "confidence booster" they give with any first buy is a good way to get your feet wet. (If you're canadian, we're slightly less lucky, BYOC doesn't ship here.)
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Dude,
a good way to go about things is to start in other places. I've worked with my hands in a number of areas over the years; silversmithing, blacksmithing, leatherworking, woodcarving, etc. By doing these things you learn to work with different materials and you gain motor control.
When getting in to woodworking, you could do some simple projects. A fun one is to make a longboard by bending several sheets of 3/32" birch and gluing them together as laminates. You could also make a small box. Go get a copy of Jigsaw magazine and give some of those projects a shot. All this stuff teaches you to use the tools that you would use in building a guitar without having to worry about something that you've worked extremely hard on, or something that you spent a lot of money on.
When learning to inlay, it's always a good idea to start with thin sheets of flamed maple. Screwing up a small piece of maple is A LOT less expensive than screwing up a sheet of MOP or Paua.
Remember- read up on EVERYTHING. Before I built my first guitar, I read a 700 page book about building acoustic guitars. And I read it a total of five times over the period that I was building my guitar, and twice before even starting. By the end of that, I had everything in my head.

I will say, though, that the most powerful tool you could have while going in to building is passion. People can call me a softy or a sentimental little girl for this all they want. (I get it a lot... doesn't bother me any more. I know way too many people who don't give a ****.) If you have a passion for working with your hands and for guitars, then you'll go far. If you want to help your fellow musician find the perfect instrument, then you're in good shape. When you're wandering around shops while on vacation or wandering around a fair and you happen to meet a woodworker, instrument builder, or even just a musician, don't pass up the chance to stop and talk to them. It is a treasure to be able to stop and talk to those people about their art. Don't be exclusive to guitars and other stringed instruments, though; one of the instrument makers I respect most actually makes flutes. I met him at a native american music festival, and he drilled each piece of redwood with the central hole, and then just carved it by hand from there. I picked one up to play it, and it was absolutely beautiful to hear! Even with someone as inexperienced as myself playing, it still sounded magnificent to my ears.

So, bottom line: do your research, explore things other than building musical instruments, and talk to other people about their art; learn from them.

Hang loose, brah~
AJ
Quote by conor1148
who cares if they're drawn,

boobies

Gear:
Peavey Supreme 100W head
Crate 4x12 cab
Epiphone Les Paul Standard+
Modded Johnson Stratocaster