Page 1 of 7
When I first started playing, I didn't have a tuner, and I had a horrible ear. I could tune strings relative to eachother ok, but I had no idea what to tune the Low E to . I thought that the only reason that strings go out of tune is because they loosen over time, so every time I tuned my low E string I tightened it to compensate. Then tuned all the other strings. 3 weeks later I had a broken string, and whne I got my tuner I realised that all my string were tuned WAAAY to high.
What about you guys, what stupid things have you done as a beginner?
^ good one
Jackson DXMG -> Vai Morley Wah -> Korg Black Tuner -> (Need a delay) -> Maxon OD808 -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> ISP Noisegate -> Mesa Boogie Mark IV
welli broke a string on my jem copy when i first started playing and some how i ended up takeing the entire flyod rose off
#4 of fender armada WOOTWOOT
Quote by J Mud

This
April is the cruellest month, breeding Lilacs out of the dead land, mixing Memory and desire, stirring Dull roots with spring rain
I listened to the guys at Guitar Center.

Then I made freinds with the manager, who actually gave a damn about the customers. So it all ended well.
Tried to use a plastic coke bottle as a slide (well no one ever specified what kind of bottle to use)
Quote by JohnnyV
I'm pretty sure the feeling i get when i blow my load on my computer screen is a f*ck of a lot different than when i shoot in on my girlfriend's face.

Music things

PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone G400
Vox AC15C1
spent 5 min trying to figure out why i wasnt getting any sound from my pedal when i realized i had switched the input and output >.<
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
I bought a fretless electric bass once for $600. I've barely played the thing. It doesn't really ever get used in music I like...

So now it's just sitting in my room, collecting dust. It's sad.
The.
Quote by TK1
spent 5 min trying to figure out why i wasnt getting any sound from my pedal when i realized i had switched the input and output >.<

did that also ran to pickup the phone when my guitar was plugged in and bent the input to my blues jr and the out put on my guitar. good news is i learned how to fix both so guess it ended up being good
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II(
"Epicaster" pimped out strat
Fender Blues Jr.
DeltaLab RD1 Rock distortion
Barber handmade USA Direct Drive Overdrive
DeltaLab Stereo chorus
MXR 6 band EQ
not practicing sheet music when my teacher gives it to me,

i sucked at it (i wonder why) so i didnt practice much so now im really way behind where i should be about 8 months or so
you brought a hooker to church?
Take all my strings off at once for restringing. Now my guitar is never in tune for more that one song.
Bought a gibson LP and later realized it's unsuitable for 80% of the music I play.
Check out my band Disturbed
left a guitar unstrung for a long time and the neck got f*cked up...it was my 1st guitar so it wasnt a very good one, but it was really disappointing back then
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Quote by TK1

Also!

When trying to fix what guitar center did. I loosened all the saddles in the process to tightening down the tremolo...needless to say, spent 3 hours figuring out how to fix everything again...
In the Valley of Vung
Quote by Twist of fate
I thought the "clean" button was to clean out the inside of the amp automatically, so I never pressed it. Played with distortion on the whole time for the first year.

thats probably the funniest thing ive ever heard!

mine was leaning my guitar (in a hardshell!) on the wall straight up as i ran to help my grandmom with something. as i ran by the wind from me running knocked it over. resukted in a broken headstock, but i learned to fix it w/wood glue!
PRS Johnny Hiland Signature
Planet Waves Tuner
Dyna Comp
EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss BD-2
MXR 10 Band EQ
Ernie Ball Wah
Boss BF-3
Boss DD-20
Tech 21 Boost R.V.B.
Morley Little Alligator VP
Fulltone FB-3
Marshall JCM 2000 401 DSL
I removed the bridge just so i can restring the guitar. I later found out that it supposed to go through the back.
Quote by Twist of fate
I thought the "clean" button was to clean out the inside of the amp automatically, so I never pressed it. Played with distortion on the whole time for the first year.

Chinese Democracy is a great album, people need to get over Slash.

Proud fan of Pop, Rap, Rock, and Metal.
I thought the frets and neck were for decoration. And that you only needed to pluck the string open to get songs.
MY GEAR!
Amp
-Peavey Classic 30
Guitars
-Silverburst Epiphone Les Paul Custom
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone
-MXR Carbon Copy
wow all you guys doing the line 6/mg bits a SUPER creative in your responses
Black then white are all I see,
in my infancy, red and yellow then came to be.
Thought the "DRIVE" button on my practice amp would make it blow up. Thought I could play it behind my head; not only could I not do it but I wound up breaking my friends light in the process. When I first go;t my Jackson I forgot to unscrew the locking nuts when tuning, surprised they didn't snap >_>
This is my signature... And yes this is the most original thing... ever.
Gear:
Guitars
Epiphone Dot
Jackson DK2M
Ibanez RG2EX1

Amps
Roland Cube 30X

Pedals
DOD FX25-B Envelope Filter
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Big Muff Pi
I thought "pick" and "pick-up" was the same things
"Seize the day" I heard him say,
life is not always be this way,
look around hear the sounds,
cherish your life while you're still around
I stopped playing for about a year or so total, for the amount of time I've been playing. I'm still not completely back into it either. I forgot most of the music theory stuff I know, most of the bits of songs I would play. Guess it's time to get back to it.
Quote by The Silent Fool
^ a winner we have.
Quote by J Mud

Yep...this...****
ESP Eclipse Standard Series W/ PRS Santana II Pickups
PRS SE Soapbar II
Peavey 5150 120w Head
Avatar 412 Traditional Cab(v30's+G12H30's)
Malekko, Rocktron, T-Rex and MXR/Dunlop pedals
Quote by Arch1119
Yep...this...****

same here.... in theory it should be a pretty sweet amp.... but in reality...
If you want to shine like the sun first you must burn like it.
I didn't change my strings (STOCK strings) for 1 year and 7 months.
I almost bought a stereo cable instead of an instrument cable.

My band teacher bought a friggin' Spider III for our jazz band. I have to play this for the next 3 years! I facepalmed when we got it.

I honestly thought you could whammy without a whammy bar.
I thought you worked a whammy bar by tightening and loosening it, not by pressing it down.

Needless to say, I spun my whammy bar for ages till I figured out I had to press it down...
I HAVE RETURNED
Twitter
Quote by metalkickTM
migueltherocker: The retarded unicorn-fish of the sea

Quote by ShredHead396

Dude, that was just pure win, i laughed the entire way

first stack ^
bought picks and tuner at wal-mart, never trust stupid walmart!
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Quote by migueltherocker
I thought you worked a whammy bar by tightening and loosening it, not by pressing it down.

Needless to say, I spun my whammy bar for ages till I figured out I had to press it down...

if it werent for guitar hero, this probably wouldve happened to me
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
Quote by fender4482
I thought the frets and neck were for decoration. And that you only needed to pluck the string open to get songs.

this
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████
Quote by bass-man9712
bought picks and tuner at wal-mart, never trust stupid walmart!

I bought everything at walmart....

And now I'm too poor to buy any good stuff. So I'm sitting here with

3 First act guitars

2 first act 4 watt amps

1 first act 10 watt amp

1 first act microphone

1 first act tuner

The only thing good in my rig are my boss pedals. But they sound like **** because of my ****ty amp.