Page 1 of 3
I spend way too much time at home.
I'm wasting my life doing nothing but i just don't know what to do.
I left college 2 months ago because i didn't like it at all, i could never spend 4 years of my life in that, and i've been searching for work since february with no success, a few interviews but never got hired (global crisis + local problem + being such a freak).
So i have a LOT of spare time. I hang out with friends when its possible, but i don't have too much friends and i've been going out on my own a lot lately, but i still have a lot of spare time and i end up fapping, gamming, listening a lot of new music, trying harder to score with the ladies (but im terrible at it), playing guitar, feeling sad and going insane (seriously).

I really need good advice on what the **** to do with my "life" and of course, the pit is the perfect place to ask.

Tl;dr: How do you "get a life"?
Well, not dropping out of college helps.

but since we're past that now, let's try getting a job

EDIT: go to community college
Last edited by thelurker at Aug 2, 2009,
UG: Ultimate Guitar
>Guitar
You're a member on this site.
>You play guitar.

Do something musical if you're too lazy to go through with your education.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
Last edited by YourDad at Aug 2, 2009,
Get better at improv, study theory, workout (trust me, it helps clear you head from idle, self defeating thoughts).

And above all, put out an ad and get some ppl to jam with. Who knows where it can go.

Hang in there bro
1. Grow long hair and maybe a beard
2. Go to the USA
3. Speak with that obnoxius argentinian accent
4. Instant Sex
5. Enjoy!
Si lo ven que viene palo al tiburon
Vamos a darle duro sin vacilacion
Si lo ven que viene palo al Tiburon
En la union esta la fuerza y nuestra salvacion

Ever tried marijuana?

Feels good man.
Also, according to leading clinical psychologists, can help cure depression.

Ladies love when you tell them about how you're unemployed, out of school, living with your parents (?), a frequent masturbator and socially awkward. Just tell every girl you meet those things and you'll be rolling in the pussy in no time! You'll get so good at it that you could make a career out of it!
Last edited by Shmuh at Aug 2, 2009,
Quote by tancanada
fap
OR
suicide

its a choice!

That's not funny, douche.

TS, I can sympathise. I propose you use this time to sort out your world- discover what it is you feel you're good at and enjoy, and find a way to make that your life. Try heaps of new things and go to new places to help round yourself out in experience.

It seems you have quite low self-esteem, and by saying things like 'I'm such a freak' just makes things worse. Every day, write something you like about yourself and something you are grateful for. It's an effort to feel good and positive and motivated, but if you try constantly you will be better off for it.
Quote by dr.rock666
go back to college

+1
Without a doubt.

Seriously, you're risking future opportunities, so you can sit around and have a bit of a fap.
Change your course if you want. Think of all the new, exciting and like-minded people you could be hanging out with.
Also, in 4 years time, the job scene should have picked up, and with a degree under your hat it'll be far easier to get a decent job.

EDIT:
Quote by TheXBlackening
In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women.

Al Pacino knew what he was talking about.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Damn you, bodyheatseeker

Quote by Paramore.
bodyheatseeker, I will NEVER forgive you.

Last edited by bodyheatseeker at Aug 2, 2009,
In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women.
April is the cruellest month, breeding Lilacs out of the dead land, mixing Memory and desire, stirring Dull roots with spring rain
Quote by Shmuh
Ladies love when you tell them about how you're unemployed, out of school, living with your parents (?), a frequent masturbator and socially awkward. Just tell every girl you meet those things and you'll be rolling in the pussy in no time! You'll get so good at it that you could make a career out of it!

Worked for George Costanza.
Quote by handbanana78

^First time I've ever made a funny

Quote by deathcore101

okay Mike my advice for you is, don't sleep with your sister
Dude, I hear you. I was like this for a while (and to some degree I still am). The best thing for you would be to enroll in a community college. The atmosphere between a 4 year university and a 2 year community college is very significantly different. You don't even need to have a set major, just do general coursework. Take classes on subjects that interest you. Community college is a great place to meet other people in your local area.

If you have any friends that play an instrument, start a band. That always creates more outlets for you. I just recently joined a synth funk band (which is completely different than my typical black metal music). The guys I play with are great, plus I am going to be doing some shows in about a month for my first time. I would imagine putting on shows would boost my confidence level in front of people and allow me to be more open to other people.

As far as a job is concerned, I hear you on that front as well. I managed to get a temporary position, but that only lasted about a week. It sucked that when I finally got a job I lost it just as fast. You should do your own private work. Since I was 16 I did lawns, landscaping, painting, and minor maintenance. I charged 10 dollars an hour. Last summer (3 months) I made 2000 dollars from ONE customer working less than five hours a week (in general). That is the 2000 I made without taking into consideration other customers as well as extensive purchases (what adds up to a shoe box of CDs, a 300 dollar guitar, and an 80 dollar guitar pedal; plus misc. things like concert tickets and food).
Check out Hear the Indie for music reviews, interviews, and more.

Want a review? Send me a PM or email through the contact form on my site.
find something you like to do... and do it until you get paid for it, **** everything else.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
I don't have any friends, I don't have a job, I only leave the house to go to the gym, I dropped out of uni...

FML.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
yea definitely go back to college you never know what happens. i used to be a total ****** before i went to school and now i found more ***s to mingle with so its all good. sometimes we would stay in the dorms drinking and playing halo3 online until 3am. other times we would go out and get drunk at a house party and try to **** around with drunk people which i was successful in the last party where i told some girl to beat the **** out of this other girl, it happened then some girl got raped by like 4 dudes in a jeep. then the cops came. it was fun. that is what you could be doing in college while getting an education instead of trying to get a dead-end job which you'll be even more miserable
Quote by nincompoop
potcorn56, you are a god.
Quote by siskoX
i've been searching for work since february with no success, a few interviews but never got hired (global crisis + local problem + being such a freak)

Yeah, I'm sure the fact that you didn't go to college has nothing to do with that

Seriously, there's no other answer than to go back to college. Nobody cares if you didn't like it, deal with it. You obviously don't understand how hard it is to get a decent paying job nowadays. People WITH college degrees are having trouble finding jobs, so what the hell are you going to do?

People are going to tell you that you should become a musician, but if you don't have a steady job, you're taking a huge risk that most likely will not pay off. Honestly, most musicians are already getting somewhere by your age, so you would have to practice every minute of every day, then find a band, then get lucky enough to make it. If you want to go that route, fine. Just remember that there of millions of people out there trying to do the same thing. But until then, expect to be living out of somebody's basement if you don't have a job. If you think you're miserable now, just wait until you're in a dead end job that pays $7 an hour.

I don't care if you think I'm being mean. This is the pit, you don't come here for sympathy or ask us for life advice when most of us are teenagers.
Chinese Democracy is a great album, people need to get over Slash.

Proud fan of Pop, Rap, Rock, and Metal.
Last edited by maidenfan15 at Aug 2, 2009,
Quote by ColdNovembeRain
Join the military and learn something.

You're not going to get new recruits with that! Let me help

Quote by ColdNovembeRain
Join the military and learn to shoot foreigners for America.

There you go! You'll thank me later
Quote by JohnnyV
I'm pretty sure the feeling i get when i blow my load on my computer screen is a f*ck of a lot different than when i shoot in on my girlfriend's face.

Music things

PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone G400
Vox AC15C1
Your feeling really unproductive and want to do something about it. Thats good because alot of losers don't care and don't do anything about it. If you are looking for a job and can't get one its not your fault. Just keep trying
Quote by FlyingPirahna
Start doing drugs. You're forced to talk to other people to score more drugs, so 'sall good.

I already do drugs.
I used to do a lot of everything and getting totally wasted but now i do weed only(not even alcohol), and very often lately (I'm high right now actually ). I really love it, it helped me a lot to feel more optimistic during this months.

But everyone i know is extremely judgmental and close-minded about drugs (and everything else actually), so it has been a problem instead of an aid.
Quote by Le_Bunny
It seems you have quite low self-esteem, and by saying things like 'I'm such a freak' just makes things worse. Every day, write something you like about yourself and something you are grateful for. It's an effort to feel good and positive and motivated, but if you try constantly you will be better off for it.

Yeah TS, forget about stupid things like money and jobs, you should do this. At least then you'll feel better about yourself.

Quote by maidenfan15
Yeah TS, forget about stupid things like money and jobs, you should do this. At least then you'll feel better about yourself.

I think the logic behind that was that if he felt better about himself he would be motivated to make his life better.
Quote by JohnnyV
I'm pretty sure the feeling i get when i blow my load on my computer screen is a f*ck of a lot different than when i shoot in on my girlfriend's face.

Music things

PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone G400
Vox AC15C1
Quote by dr.rock666
go back to college

This. Seriously. Best decision of your life.
MY GEAR!
Amp
-Peavey Classic 30
Guitars
-Silverburst Epiphone Les Paul Custom
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone
-MXR Carbon Copy
Quote by siskoX
I spend way too much time at home.
I'm wasting my life doing nothing but i just don't know what to do.
I left college 2 months ago because i didn't like it at all, i could never spend 4 years of my life in that, and i've been searching for work since february with no success, a few interviews but never got hired (global crisis + local problem + being such a freak).
So i have a LOT of spare time. I hang out with friends when its possible, but i don't have too much friends and i've been going out on my own a lot lately, but i still have a lot of spare time and i end up fapping, gamming, listening a lot of new music, trying harder to score with the ladies (but im terrible at it), playing guitar, feeling sad and going insane (seriously).

I really need good advice on what the **** to do with my "life" and of course, the pit is the perfect place to ask.

Tl;dr: How do you "get a life"?

Just take it one day at a time bud, and don't be so tensed up about your life. Just take it easy, believe me you will do better at interviews and ect.

plus take it easy on the fapping, good god if you are saying that in real life that will also kill your social points too.
#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
I went the same path, my parents moved hella far from my hometown when i graduated HS and I moved with them to go to college. Dropped out cause my school blew and started working 90+hours a week. After about 2 years of that I have decided to go to community college this year, and I now have a ****load of money saved, and wont have to work so I can just party hardcore all year.
Quote by maidenfan15
Yeah, I'm sure the fact that you didn't go to college has nothing to do with that

Seriously, there's no other answer than to go back to college. Nobody cares if you didn't like it, deal with it. You obviously don't understand how hard it is to get a decent paying job nowadays. People WITH college degrees are having trouble finding jobs, so what the hell are you going to do?

People are going to tell you that you should become a musician, but if you don't have a steady job, you're taking a huge risk that most likely will not pay off. Honestly, most musicians are already getting somewhere by your age, so you would have to practice every minute of every day, then find a band, then get lucky enough to make it. If you want to go that route, fine. Just remember that there of millions of people out there trying to do the same thing. But until then, expect to be living out of somebody's basement if you don't have a job. If you think you're miserable now, just wait until you're in a dead end job that pays $7 an hour.

I don't care if you think I'm being mean. This is the pit, you don't come here for sympathy or ask us for life advice when most of us are teenagers.

Correct, i have no problem at all with you being mean (wich i do think you are btw)
But i think you are missing the point. I have no interest at all in going to college, i tried anyway and didn't work out so i'm not going back just because i can't find a job.
I had several jobs before college, and i know i will find one sooner or later.

And I believe that taking risk for your dreams is a lot more important than security, but i never said anything about being a musician anyway
Quote by Lots O' FX
I think the logic behind that was that if he felt better about himself he would be motivated to make his life better.

I guess, but the best motivation to go back to college would be to look around at all the people being laid off.

EDIT:
Quote by siskoX
Correct, i have no problem at all with you being mean (wich i do think you are btw)
But i think you are missing the point. I have no interest at all in going to college, i tried anyway and didn't work out so i'm not going back just because i can't find a job.
I had several jobs before college, and i know i will find one sooner or later.

And I believe that taking risk for your dreams is a lot more important than security, but i never said anything about being a musician anyway

I'm not being mean, I'm just being honest. I'm sure you've had a lot of jobs before college, and I'm going to assume that they were mostly minimum wage or close to it, but of course I could be wrong. I understand that you don't want to go back to college, but eventually, that might be your only choice. Partying and going out with your friends is awesome but eventually you need to make some money. You say that you're not going back to college just because you can't get a job. But not being able to get a job is kind of a big deal.

Another alternative is doing some kind of trade. You can make some good money that way. Of course, you'd have to go to school, but it wouldn't be as long, hard, or boring as college.

Community college is also good. You could go there for two years and figure out what you want to do with your life. It's easier and shorter than a 4 year college.

You say you want a girlfriend. Do you know what girls like? Gifts, going out, doing things. You know what it takes to do that stuff? Money. Hell, partying with your friends is going to take a toll on your money too.

And I just figured that people would mention being a musician since this was a guitar site and that's what most people in the Pit want to do when they get older . I agree 100% that people should follow their dreams, and I personally hope to be a musician. But I also realize that the chance of me hitting it big is extremely slim and that you can't plan your life around that chance.

But honestly, just expect two answers from the pit.

1.Go back to college
2.Fap

Last edited by maidenfan15 at Aug 2, 2009,
Try Community College or online classes.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by maidenfan15
I guess, but the best motivation to go back to college would be to look around at all the people being laid off.

That could make things worse since that may make someone think "even if I went to college I could still be layed off at any time." Or just make them feel that they should take any job they can get and end up taking one they will hate and regret it for the rest of their lives.
Quote by JohnnyV

Music things

PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone G400
Vox AC15C1
Quote by breadstick
I don't have any friends, I don't have a job, I only leave the house to go to the gym, I dropped out of uni...

FML.

There there.

Now both of you get off your assess and get back to school
Quote by metabolicmaggot
Win. +1 cookie for hide the beer.

Page 1 of 3