ok. so i want to replace my digitech rp90 with real pedals and use my rp90 for experimenting with sounds

i like the sound i hav but would like to tweak it also

so my question is....1. what pedal sounds closest to the rp90's tape delay

2. does the digitech grunge pedal sound like the rp90's grunge distortion (i assume it does since they r both made by digitech)

thanks in advance
are you certain you want to stick with pedals that sound like the RP90? it seems to me that if you are getting individual pedals, you may want to upgrade a bit

EDIT: also, i could be more helpful if i knew your budget
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM strat with dimarzio pups
JCM800
Egnater Rebel 30
Takamine Acoustic
tons of pedals
the grunge pedal is a pretty old design that used to be made by DOD.

I used to have one myself, my god it was the ugliest, buzziest, muddiest sounding distortion I had ever heard in my life.

I was also playing a Squier strat into the Grunge with the gain turned to 10 into a Squier Champ 15 (this was back in the late '90s). Man that was some horrible tone I got back then...
I've used a grunge pedal before.Horrible.Messy and all over the place.
I used to use an RP-50 (I'm pretty sure the some effets,just yours has more or a wah or something),but the distortion on that is pretty bad aswell.Have a look into a Big Muff or the boss DS-2.I have both and I've liked both of them.The Marshall Guv'nor is pretty nice from the very little I've heard and most of boss's overdrive are alright.Stear clear of the DS-1.Also,if you up your budget you could get some better pedals.
But a better amp would do alot better.Small tube amp,with a nice guitar is gonna sound alot better than a cheap guitar,cheap amp and millions of cheap effects.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
Quote by al112987
the grunge pedal is a pretty old design that used to be made by DOD.

I used to have one myself, my god it was the ugliest, buzziest, muddiest sounding distortion I had ever heard in my life.

I was also playing a Squier strat into the Grunge with the gain turned to 10 into a Squier Champ 15 (this was back in the late '90s). Man that was some horrible tone I got back then...

I wonder how much of the Grunge pedal's fail was from the amp.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by STABxYOU
I wonder how much of the Grunge pedal's fail was from the amp.
Nope, the Grunge sucked. In fact, the one benefit I ever got from the Grunge was ironically, it was so muddy, I couldn't hear the crap tone of the Squier guitar and amp because it was just so overpowered by the pedal. That and it made a pretty good door stop.

If Zvex made a box of fail, it'd be a DOD Grunge clone.
The Grunge can be made usable, the Digitech ones at least get a mixer out, which helps tame the harsh high end. I don't think it sounds horrible, just... boring and sorta lifeless.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by al112987
If Zvex made a box of fail, it'd be a DOD Grunge clone.

Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.