Quote by azn_guitarist25
Any guitar + sustainiac sustainer = win.

or fernandes sustainer
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Quote by TK1
or fernandes sustainer

For some reason I dislike the way the Fernandes is built and just haven't gotten to it and reckon the Sustainiac ****s all over it.
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
Whoooo cares...?

Honestly, I never see much of a purpose for a lot of sustain. But okayy...

Obviously I care as I made a thread for it

Im checking out the Sustainiac, it looks pretty beast. Thx for the recs guys, I never heard of a few of these things before.
Quote by JELIFISH19
Turn the amp up and learn vibrato?
Seconding this. The electronics aren't really necessary, I can hold a note fine on my First Act, which suffice to say is not a quality build.

And using "beast" as an adjective makes you look like a tremendous tool. If you insist on using the word say "beastly" or "like a beast".
Squier Strat (Jazz/JB) - Dunlop Zakk Wylde Crybaby - Boss MIJ HM-2 Distortion - Peavey Valveking 212 - Fender CD60
Last edited by Pretty. Odd. at Aug 2, 2009,
Quote by Pretty. Odd.
Seconding this. The electronics aren't really necessary, I can hold a note fine on my First Act, which suffice to say is not a quality build.

And using "beast" as an adjective makes you look like a tremendous tool. If you insist on using the word say "beastly" or "like a beast".

Well it's not like I'm wanting to just do it on one note, I want chords to last longer. I'd rather not try to vibrato an entire chord.

Naw man. Beast is fine. It's a bit toolish but not as tool as "metal".
Make sure your guitar is properly set up, that your strings aren't dead old, that you have a decent amp and it's EQ'd properly with a decent amount of volume - hey presto, sustain.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
If you want to get technical with the frets then the taller they are, The more sustain they have. However, You may not like tall frets. I don't because it is hard to slide on them. The shorter, The less sustain and harder it is to bend but the easier it is to slide. And if you bend the frets several times before installing them they get harder.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
Quote by Pretty. Odd.

whats wrong with beast. your flaming him on his personal word choice now?
Quote by Gargoyle2500
And if you bend the frets several times before installing them they get harder.

Dude... um.. WTF are you talking about?
Quote by BobDetroit
Dude... um.. WTF are you talking about?

I said "If you want to get technical". It's something I read in Dan Erlewine's Guitar Repair book (Third edition). Frets can get harder if you over radius them and bend them back.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
Quote by Gargoyle2500
I said "If you want to get technical". It's something I read in Dan Erlewine's Guitar Repair book (Third edition). Frets can get harder if you over radius them and bend them back.

true...frets have a lot of copper in them, and you can "work-harden" copper by repeatedly bending it. Erlewine mentioned a hardness (on the Vickers Scale) that he had achieved by simply bending and unbending...don't recall what it was, but he said it was a noticeable difference.
proper way- turn up amp + learn vibrato
shortcut way- compresser pedal

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
I'm looking for a guitar with lots of sustain, but for a very low price. Anyone know what would be good for this?

Agile AL-2000

The formula is somewhat simple. Heavy mahogany body, maple neck, fixed bridge, jumbo frets, all played at high volume. $200

Laziest Bassist Alive
Keep your gig. I'm sleeping.
i could be mistaken, i think more string tension = better sustain. i've always felt my 25.5" scale guitar sustained better than my 24.75" scale. having it in standard tuning would have more string tension than downtuned, so that too. anybody know if this is true?

EDIT: obviously materials matter too, i was just wondering about the tension theory i had