Well, I got a Fender Strat (mexican) and it's nice and all but I mainly play acoustic, prefer acoustic, love acoustic.... haha. The fender is a good guitar and all but playing chords it just feels so small. let me explain that better, the strings feel tiny/skinny and it just doesn't feel right. so i think maybe if i had an electric with an acoustic guitar neck that would be ideal. So I'm just wondering if anyone out there knows of a guitar like that? Another problem with the strat for me is the tremelo, I don't use it, i don't think even need it. and the floating bridge kinda makes it go out of tune to easy, i might be wrong on that though, because sometimes i'll play with my palm on the bridge(for palm muting) and i think that the pressure from that could have something to do with it. Well, any helps appreciated. thanks.
If you want to shine like the sun first you must burn like it.
Use heavier gauge strings (11s?), and make you bridge into a hardtail: take off the strings, take off the trem cover on the back of the guitar, tighten the screws with the springs all the way down. then put the new strings on and tune it to standard. You may have to tighten the screws again to make it all the way flat, though. Only do this is you know how to fix the action after doing the bridge.
The world doesn't revolve around you. If it does, beware. You're probably about to pass out drunk.

The 19 year old who knows his stuff. Most of the time.
Quote by Zakkcd
Use heavier gauge strings (11s?), and make you bridge into a hardtail: take off the strings, take off the trem cover on the back of the guitar, tighten the screws with the springs all the way down. then put the new strings on and tune it to standard. You may have to tighten the screws again to make it all the way flat, though. Only do this is you know how to fix the action after doing the bridge.

He'd also have to adjust his truss rod, wouldn't he?
I was actually thinking about and American telecaster... I've read in some reviews where the costumers preferred acoustics as well, with one guy even going as far as to say it was comparable to high end Martin's. Anyone ever play one?
Thicker strings would definitely help the feel but have you also thought about installing a piezo into your guitar for that authentic (loose term) acoustic sound? Also is your bridge a 6 screw vintage tremolo?
Thicker strings and a trem block.If that still doesn't cut it,check out some other neck profiles,see if you like them better.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
Thicker strings would definitely help the feel but have you also thought about installing a piezo into your guitar for that authentic (loose term) acoustic sound? Also is your bridge a 6 screw vintage tremolo?

hmmm i don't know about vintage, but yes it's a 6 screw.
Quote by zero27
hmmm i don't know about vintage, but yes it's a 6 screw.

Ah yep in the back of your guitar in the tremolo cavity just tighten the 2 screws connected to the trem claw. That will stop the tremolo from floating and you shouldn't have any problems when you palm mute.