the restaurant i work in has live music on the weekends, and some of the guys that play there play guitar, but have the backing for the rest of their songs playing through their P.A., which gave me an idea.

i have a few youtube videos and will eventually make more, and i think the songs would be more interesting with the drum tracks playing in the background as opposed to just me playing guitar with nothing else.

also, it would help me stay on time in the song and whatnot (normally i just listen to the song on my ipod while im playing)

so, where would I find drum tracks for songs? I've thought about "acquiring" Drum Kit From Hell or some other drum machine program, but could I get tracks to actual songs by doing this?
Quote by ibanezgod1973

Fixed
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
I've grabbed quite a few off GBT.com, but I also like to take fully scored/well-written Guitar Pro tracks and make backing tracks. I mute out the parts that I want silent, click on the button to give me a four count intro beat, and export as a WAVE file (XP only. VISTA sux.). I then rip to MP3, and play through headphones, PA, etc.

It's great for open mic nights or parties when you might be "between bands".

Besides, the MP3 always shows up for practice on time and never disagrees with what I want to play!
Quote by cheapr2keepr
I've grabbed quite a few off GBT.com, but I also like to take fully scored/well-written Guitar Pro tracks and make backing tracks. I mute out the parts that I want silent, click on the button to give me a four count intro beat, and export as a WAVE file (XP only. VISTA sux.). I then rip to MP3, and play through headphones, PA, etc.

It's great for open mic nights or parties when you might be "between bands".

Besides, the MP3 always shows up for practice on time and never disagrees with what I want to play!

They also dont drink any of the band profits up and have perfect timing.