Hey

I just got right into Megadeth and so far i love these songs

Skin O'My Teeth
Tornado Of Souls
Symphony Of Destruction
Five Magics
Wake Up Dead
The Conjuring

And i must know, what Scales does Dave Mustaine use to rite these songs / his songs?
What do i need to know to be able to play their stuff, what scales / chords or whatever else?
I need to know because me and the band are gonna start some of their stuff

I need to know to increase my musician skills by taking my favourite bands and learning what scales they use to rite music,
Cheers guys
Scales don't make the music.

learn basic music theory (it's not as hard as it sounds) and combining different picking rhythms, or learn the riffs and incorporate those ideas into your ideas.
*reported*... twice in one reply!

OH NOES!!! Theowy is scawY!!!
Quote by allislost

learn basic music theory (it's not as hard as it sounds) and combining different picking rhythms, or learn the riffs and incorporate those ideas into your ideas.

That wasn't what i was asking there mate...
the only song i know from this list is "symphony" ( shameful i know ! )
melodic there are semitone ( 1fret ) movements , similar to the james bond theme song , which is the 5,b6,b6 kind of territory .

EXAMPLE:
if you play just the low two strings you could play EA:02 then EA: 03 then EA:04 finally EA:03
(E and A are the low two bass strings on your guitar and the numbers are the frets .)

granted it's not going to give an overnight megadeth sound , but you should be able to make a simple connection melodically to the above example and some of "symphony "
Quote by allislost

Agreed

The closest Mustaine came to using a scale is minor scales with many chromatic and accidental notes. Some of his songs have a phrygian-like twist to them (symphony of destruction), but I'd rather call it E minor with F used as a passing note.

Regardless, if you want to learn how Mustaine writes his music, what scale he uses is next to useless for you. I'd suggest you download the guitar-pro tabs of his music and analyse it.
        |\
[U]        | |                     [/U]
[U]        |/     .-.              [/U]
[U]       /|_     `-’       |      [/U]
[U]      //| \      |       |      [/U]
[U]     | \|_ |     |     .-|      [/U]
      *-|-*    (_)     `-’
        |
        L.
Quote by demonofthenight

Regardless, if you want to learn how Mustaine writes his music, what scale he uses is next to useless for you. I'd suggest you download the guitar-pro tabs of his music and analyse it.

This is right on target. The best way to write songs similar to a certain artist while still retaining your own sound is to learn as much of their songs as you can and take note at how they are alike and what you like about them.
Sounds pretty right, about getting the guitar pro files for megadeth and having a good look at what is similair, cheers guys
Thing about Dave Mustaine is he just uses lots of chromatics, he even says he knows next to nothing about theory. His solos are just very fast picking runs as well
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.