in line for a new guitar and have never played one with a floyd rose and just want to know if they are faster guitars then fixed bridge guitars? Cheers.
doesnt really make a difference except without a floyd rose its much easier to lower the action if needed.
Most people with a floyd rose shred though and therefore they are set up pretty well stock.
Don't quite know what your getting at here?
Generally when people say 'this guitar is fast',they mean that the neck is thin,or very smooth.
The bridge doesn't have an effect on this,unless a light bridge affects neck heaviness,meaning you have to hold the neck up,thus reducing the ease of sliding your hand up or down the neck.
Perhaps your talking about picking speed?
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
Quote by Pac_man0123
The bridge does not affect the speed at which you play.

The speed at which you pick will vary depending on who you are. I pick really fast on tune-o-matic bridges WITH the stopbar, but for some reason not so fast on string thru with TOM setups. It depends on how you rest your hand on the guitar, and personal preference.
Not faster but definitely feel different. I prefer the feel of guitars with floyd rose i'm not too sure why but I just like it.
add a racing stripe and a spoiler and double your speed
02 MiM Telecaster-----\__Digitech Whammy__TS-10__535q__DE-7__6505+ 112
91 Heartfield Talon II-/
Quote by jeffc313
add a racing stripe and a spoiler and double your speed

You forgot a turbo...gotta use forced induction on that mother!

Anywho- speed on a guitar is mostly determined by neck profile...but different bridges have different feels. I am a Floyd Rose man myself.
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL