hey
i have an ultra plus (Awesome amp!)
but the channel selector pedal is a pile of ****
its cheap and all the buttons are wayyy to close together
does anyone know any alternatives that will work???

also how would i go about connecting it into a voodoo labs midi controller so that it changes the channels???

hope you guys can help
thanks
chris
facebook.com/crazymentalchris
youtube.com/chrisprsguitars

come say Hi!
it has a 7 pin connector thing (is that midi??)
so would any other 3 switch pedal which has a 7 pin connector work with it?? or would i have problems
im very new to this more technical side of amps. im used to just turning them on and making alot of noise

come say Hi!
Take out the guts and drop it into a better box of your liking..

I had to make my own Ultra Channel Switcher so your actually ahead of the game a bit..

Heres the one I made.. And what it would look like.

Quote by IbanezPsycho
Take out the guts and drop it into a better box of your liking..

I had to make my own Ultra Channel Switcher so your actually ahead of the game a bit..

Heres the one I made.. And what it would look like.

whats the 4th switch for???
and i really wanted to connect it up so that i could just click a switch on the controller and it would turn it into ultra+delay and tube screamer rather than me tap dancing all evening

come say Hi!
come on people someone help me!!!!

come say Hi!
Quote by ChrisRuffell
whats the 4th switch for???
and i really wanted to connect it up so that i could just click a switch on the controller and it would turn it into ultra+delay and tube screamer rather than me tap dancing all evening

I wired it up so I had full control of the channel color. I prefered it to be red on the crunch channel as well. And to do what you are talking about its goona be a pretty nice chunk of change and envolve a midi setup.
The Channel switch jack although it might look like a Midi, it is not, so adding a Midi switcher not going to happen unless you are will to throw so big $$ at an overall decent, but otherwise unknow amp. Making your own switch as IbanezPsyco sugested is your best bet, or look into a triple X or JSX foot switch, they are built 100 times better than the plastic ones, although you will probably have to change the wiring a bit, its would be fair simple if you used a soldering iron much.
Quote by Cachao

Johnbryant you are obviously a genius

My Gear
Custom USA Standard Telecaster
Peavey Triple XXX 212 Combo
Peavey MS412 Cab Celestion G12K-85's
POD 2.0 (the ultimate practice setup)
Guild DV6
Quote by Johnbryant
The Channel switch jack although it might look like a Midi, it is not, so adding a Midi switcher not going to happen unless you are will to throw so big $$ at an overall decent, but otherwise unknow amp. Making your own switch as IbanezPsyco sugested is your best bet, or look into a triple X or JSX foot switch, they are built 100 times better than the plastic ones, although you will probably have to change the wiring a bit, its would be fair simple if you used a soldering iron much.

how big $$ are we talking here?? i mean if its more than say the amps worth its obviously not worth it.. but for a few hundred pounds it would be worth it to me

thanks for the help and im gonna look into them other foot switches !

come say Hi!
Quote by ChrisRuffell
how big $$ are we talking here?? i mean if its more than say the amps worth its obviously not worth it.. but for a few hundred pounds it would be worth it to me

thanks for the help and im gonna look into them other foot switches !

Going Midi and doing what you want it to do. Would cost you more money then the amp is worth on top of the couple hundred more your gonna spend....
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Going Midi and doing what you want it to do. Would cost you more money then the amp is worth on top of the couple hundred more your gonna spend....

damn that kinda sucks. i guess ill have to keep doing the tap dancing act!
sorry to keep asking questions but how would i wire a new pedal so that it selected each channel individually? so like.. 3 switch pedal 1 for clean 1 crunch 1 ultra instead of my current one being 1 ultra/crunch 2 clean 3 verb
?? i love the amp to bits but the switch just drives me mad with how useless and shoddy it is

come say Hi!
Quote by ChrisRuffell
damn that kinda sucks. i guess ill have to keep doing the tap dancing act!
sorry to keep asking questions but how would i wire a new pedal so that it selected each channel individually? so like.. 3 switch pedal 1 for clean 1 crunch 1 ultra instead of my current one being 1 ultra/crunch 2 clean 3 verb
?? i love the amp to bits but the switch just drives me mad with how useless and shoddy it is

You can always get pedals that can do the job of tieing in multiple pedals at once then you just have to step on two pedals instead of 5.

As for how to wire it, I did mine a good while ago and dont remember what the wire colors to what did what. So cant help ya there..