Hey guys, I am pretty new around here, and I just uploaded my first song. It's called "The Oracle," and its a Symphonic metal song with a sort of prog song structure.
I am intending to write lyrics for it at some point, but for now it's just an instrumental.

I think it's pretty good, but that's my own bias, as I've been working on this for several weeks lol. Any feedback would be great, but be gentle it's the first song I've ever written lol!

My profile where you can find the mp3: http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/redluke22/

Thanks in advance!
Really impressive piece! The main melody is really nice, and the lead guitar parts that are after it (in the two times it's played, I think) and in the solos are impressive, really cool stuff.

The only part that wasn't maybe that good was the one at around minute 3 (the quiet part), I'd either remove that part or let some other instruments (symphonic instruments maybe?) play lead while keeping what you have now as the backing. Then comes the solo, really good. The powerchords at 5:00 (with no lead) distracted me a bit of the great guitar work, I don't know if I'd keep them or remove them as well as the first lead guitar lines on that part and jump from to the tempo change (I'm talking about removing the part from 4:51 to 5:20, it'd probably make it more intense to go directly to the tempo change but I'd personally like it more that way). The return to the clean guitar fits the song perfectly. Two more things: 1) more vibrato on the lead guitar would make it sound a bit better. 2 ) The piece doesn't need vocals in my opinion, it's really nice as it is now.

Can you review my composition in return? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1174146 It's not a real recording like yours, it's the composition played on Guitar Pro (so it's mostly midi except for the guitars, bass and drums which have a slightly better quality -but they're still not recorded from my instrument-).
wow wish my first song ever was that good. i really thought you made an excellent effort on the whole song. some interesting keyboard parts would be my only recommendation. a couple of parts could have been a little smoother but that goes for many of us home recording guys. my stuff is in my profile.
Very nice, I can tell you like opeth alot
"Guitars are toys for me, too much fun all the time."-Paul Gilbert

Gear:
Homemade Mahogany Guitar with SD humbuckers
Carvin Legacy VL100 Head
Carvin Legacy 2x12 Cab with V30s
Line 6 Pod X3