Right im thinking of changing my strings to something different
currently i use eb super slinkys always have done and i change them once a month but i tend to find they rust far too easy as my hands sweat quite a bit.
I tried the eb titanium coated slinkys but they were awful they rusted in patches up and down the string and felt awful and this was also within a month.

I am thinking of trying the Elixir nanoweb 9's
according to Elixir they feel like normal strings with a ultra light coating and last much longer
any opinions on these?

And before anyone suggests it yes i do wipe down my strings after playing thanks.
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.
Quote by steve!
Right im thinking of changing my strings to something different
currently i use eb super slinkys always have done and i change them once a month but i tend to find they rust far too easy as my hands sweat quite a bit.
I tried the eb titanium coated slinkys but they were awful they rusted in patches up and down the string and felt awful and this was also within a month.

I am thinking of trying the Elixir nanoweb 9's
according to Elixir they feel like normal strings with a ultra light coating and last much longer
any opinions on these?

And before anyone suggests it yes i do wipe down my strings after playing thanks.

I use the same strings as you and had the same problem. Hong Kong is extremely humid and my strings would barely last a few weeks.

Some subtle things you do like washing your hands before you play, storing your guitar in a hard case, or in a dry room (AC on) or in a closet.

Elixirs may last but apparently they don't sound so great and they may take some getting used to in terms of feeling. One of my friends uses them and likes it, but I have never tried them myself.

hope this helps
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
Last edited by HellBoy9393 at Aug 2, 2009,
Quote by HellBoy9393
I use the same strings as you and had the same problem. Hong Kong is extremely humid and my strings would barely last a few weeks.

Some subtle things you do like washing your hands before you play, storing your guitar in a hard case (with mothballs :p, or in a dry room (AC on) or in a closet.

Elixirs may last but apparently they don't sound so great and they may take some getting used to in terms of feeling. One of my friends uses them and likes it, but I have never tried them myself.

hope this helps

i do wash my hands before playing and humidity is not a problem in England hahah
GEAR
Orange AD-30 Combo

i would get james roto pinks, their quite hard to get hold of, but very cheap and amazing quility
The only problem people encounter with Elixirs that's worth noting is that they carry the new string sound for a long time but aside from that they are great strings and I like them and nearly all my guitars are currently strung up with a set.
Get GHS infinite steel, best strings ive played so far. I used to use regular slinky's, but im never going back now.

The playability is amazing, and the bottom 3 strings are black (which is cool to look at too haha)
Ball Custom Mark I

Korg Pitchblack > Dunlop Crybaby wah > mODDball audio Green Bastard > Marshall GV2 Guv'nor Plus > EHX Holy Stain > MXR Phase 90 > MXR Carbon Copy

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212
you all going to tell me what i should use(mostly because ur heavily biased towards it) or am i going to gt anyone thats played elixirs
GEAR
Orange AD-30 Combo