Can you keep the clean channel "clean" and still retain definition at high volume?

Is it loud enough to keep up with a drummer?

Does it cut through the band mix well?

Thanks
Im not in a band but run my HT-5 Head into a 2x12 and it's pretty loud. anywhere past about 11-12 o clock on the clean channel leads to a semi- crunch (still pretty clean) and then past 3 o clock its a nice crunch. If you EQ it right and use the neck pick up I found that you can keep it clean for a bit longer.

Of course This also depends on your drummer (how loud he/she is). However, don't rule the HT-5 out based on that as it can be hooked to the vocalist's PA system via the line out or a microphone.
Quote by TheWall27

Spot on, JWZ28, spot on.

Gibson Les Paul Classic
Blackstar HT-5
Framus 2x12
What JW said.
Greco 59-50 Mint Collection - 1982 - Iron Gear Hot Slag/Rolling Mill
Schecter Tempest Classic Goldtop
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB/EF86 2x12 - Lorantz Greenback's
MI Audio Blues Pro Overdrive

Quote by Danyg
^ this guy defines the term "being right".
Quote by JWZ28
Im not in a band but run my HT-5 Head into a 2x12 and it's pretty loud. anywhere past about 11-12 o clock on the clean channel leads to a semi- crunch (still pretty clean) and then past 3 o clock its a nice crunch. If you EQ it right and use the neck pick up I found that you can keep it clean for a bit longer.

Of course This also depends on your drummer (how loud he/she is). However, don't rule the HT-5 out based on that as it can be hooked to the vocalist's PA system via the line out or a microphone.

Thanks for your reply.

I have a Boss Gt-10 effect unit that I would link through the series loop (therefore going into the power amp), so a loud clean signal would be essential for me.
Quote by Sirakov
Thanks for your reply.

I have a Boss Gt-10 effect unit that I would link through the series loop (therefore going into the power amp), so a loud clean signal would be essential for me.

You should be fine with the ht-5.
Quote by TheWall27

Spot on, JWZ28, spot on.

Gibson Les Paul Classic
Blackstar HT-5
Framus 2x12