Hey guys, i had my first proper gig two months ago at my grad and i was looking at the video and i noticed that i sound a lot different singing in it than i do in my recordings

My vocals in recordings aren't exactly quality but i was really on form on the night of the gig

does anybody else find that they sing better during a gig than singing to yourself in your room?

Is it a case of performing better under pressure?
My Deviantart

Great Minds Think Alike
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
You sigged me, AND had an idea the same as mine!
I like you.

About my Lady Gaga/Pokemon parody
Quote by Mike50227
XD not bad

Quote by ExOblivione
You're my hero.

Quote by myevilside
I must say, i love it!
It might have something to do with all the chemicals that are released in your body during gigging - the adrenaline and the Idontknowwhattheyarecalleds and stuff.
A samurai once asked Zen Master Hakuin where he would go after he died. Hakuin answered 'How am I supposed to know?'
'How do you not know? You're a Zen master!' exclaimed the samurai.
'Yes, but not a dead one,' Hakuin answered.
I think it's because you aren't focusing as much on not making mistakes that they just don't happen. Like in your bedroom while you're practicing you're focusing (Or you should be) on making sure you hit every note with good tone etc whilst on stage you're just sort of going with the flow.

The Charlie Parker quote in my sig may also have something to do with it
Quote by Wasp
It might have something to do with all the chemicals that are released in your body during gigging - the adrenaline and the Idontknowwhattheyarecalleds and stuff.

endorphins?
My Deviantart

Great Minds Think Alike
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
I like you.

Quote by Mike50227
XD not bad

Quote by ExOblivione
You're my hero.

Quote by myevilside
I must say, i love it!
Quote by guitar-guy01
endorphins?

For example, yeah. Thanks.
A samurai once asked Zen Master Hakuin where he would go after he died. Hakuin answered 'How am I supposed to know?'
'How do you not know? You're a Zen master!' exclaimed the samurai.
'Yes, but not a dead one,' Hakuin answered.
Quote by Wasp
For example, yeah. Thanks.

no probs, we help each other, its what UG is all bout
My Deviantart

Great Minds Think Alike
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
I like you.

Quote by Mike50227
XD not bad

Quote by ExOblivione
You're my hero.

Quote by myevilside
I must say, i love it!
When you practice at home, you may hold yourself back a little, as you are sightly apprehensive of your family hearing you, in case they are like 'who's drowning the cat?'

When you get in front of the mic, you are able to properly let go and sing properly and so that possibly explains the difference.