Okay so yeah that's a lot of stuff, but I didn't want to spam the forum with a mess load of topics.

- SG -

I really want to buy an SG, and then tune it down to Eb for playing metal/rock songs. Anyway point is I don't want to spend a lot of money so I'm just wondering if there's any kinda of good model of SG to look out for that's good but also relatively cheap. I don't have a budget so suggest anything I don't mind, just less expensive is good cause frankly I have no money at the moment anyway.

- Acoustic -

I keep my acoustic in D standard and then use a capo when I want to play in standard or whatever. Anyway, I want to restring it cause I don't really like the strings that are on it (I don't know what they are, they came with it). I'm pretty oblivious when it comes to strings, especially for an acoustic so can anyone recommend any good ones? If it helps (at all) I really like the acoustic sound that Kyle gets in Tenacious D ( xD ) like in Beelzeboss. Kind of bright but intense at the same time I guess.

- Delay Pedal -

I want to buy a delay pedal. ( I seem to want to buy everything >_<. My amp (Roland cube 60) has a built in delay but it's not that great (just like a faint echo), and I want a ridiculous one to play around with. Thing is, all the Boss ones and other big brands seem to be like ~$300 (AU) whereas the Behringer one is around $50 I think. Is it worth spending the extra couple of hundred?

So yeah, to anyone who read all of that, good job. And to anyone who can help me out with suggestions or whatever, thanks in advance.

Pete.
SG - Epiphone G-400, ESP LTD Viper

Acoustic - I'd get medium gauge strings if your tuning to D std. 80/20 is brighter than phosphor

Delay - I thought the boss delay was fairly cheap, look on eBay?
SG - Check out the Epiphone G400 they can be had new for around $500aud or less if you can look in the right places.

Acoustic - Dunno haven't played my acoustic in ages

Delay - If you can't afford the big name ones then stick with the Behringer.
SG. Buy an epiphone, there quite good.
Acoustic. The sound he gets it's more due to the guitar and the way he plays, but i would recomend D'marzio strings.
Delay. What kind of mucis are you gonna be playing with this pedal?
epi g400 or g400 faded is a good deal. as far as a delay pedal goes, you can find a boss one for around $100 or less and they are much better than behringer
what about artec delays pedal. they are better than boss nad cheaper
Quote by crohno
SG. Buy an epiphone, there quite good.
Acoustic. The sound he gets it's more due to the guitar and the way he plays, but i would recomend D'marzio strings.
Delay. What kind of mucis are you gonna be playing with this pedal?

You mean D'addario right?

Yeah, look into the LTD vipers. Mainly 400 or 1000 series, Or even the ESP versions.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
SG- look for a used gibson SG special. especially the faded ones. great guitars for the money. and cheap sometimes too. especially on ebay.

Acoustic- i recommend elixir strings for acoustic. they cost a dollar or two more, but i think they make up for it in sound.

Delay- i have a Boss DD-3 i bought used and i love it. mine looks like it's been to hell and back, and doesn't really work on batteries but most likely because whoever owned it before beat the hell out of it. i don't really mind, i'm not playing live with it.

hope some of that helps!
Again thanks for the help everyone.

I don't really want to go through eBay because I like playing a guitar before I buy it (for obvious reasons). Last time I bought a guitar I was looking at a particular Jackson, thought it looked great. As soon as I picked it up I changed my mind. xD
if ur going to get a epiphone get one without the stock epi pickups as they are shiit

the tony iommi model or one of the sg prophecy models
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.
Second hand G-400,drop in some better pick-ups and re-do the electronics.The tuners are fine,and get it properly setup (fret dress and everything).
12's or 13's seem pretty much standard for acoustics,and they'll handle srop D fine.Stear clear of behringer,it's not worth it,even in aus.Probably a fair few second hand boss delays on the second hand market atm.

EDIT:The Iommi G-400 is really nice,but a bit overpriced brand new.If you can find it second hand,golden.Unless of course your gonna put diff p-ups in anyway,then it's not worth it.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
Last edited by Ian hawkins at Aug 3, 2009,
Quote by Ian hawkins
Second hand G-400,drop in some better pick-ups and re-do the electronics.The tuners are fine,and get it properly setup (fret dress and everything).
12's or 13's seem pretty much standard for acoustics,and they'll handle srop D fine.Stear clear of behringer,it's not worth it,even in aus.Probably a fair few second hand boss delays on the second hand market atm.

EDIT:The Iommi G-400 is really nice,but a bit overpriced brand new.If you can find it second hand,golden.Unless of course your gonna put diff p-ups in anyway,then it's not worth it.

considering the prices of the humbuckers it has in it
it is worth it
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.
So yes, the Alnicos are Epiphone made pickups. I played the G400 today and it was pretty cool although I was pretty much playing it through a tiny roland amp with a wall of effects pedals that I was playing with. Got to try out the Boss DD7 and DD3. I liked the DD7 but the DD3 not so much. As I was leaving one of the guys there mentioned that he though some Marshall made delay pedal was better than the boss one, but I didn't try it out or anything.

I also bought some D'Addario strings for my acoustic. Custom lights ( .11 - .52), hopefully they go alright. I think I'll re string it on Friday, won't have time tomorrow.

The elixir strings were pretty much double the price (like $36 compared to $18).
Originally Posted by Steve!
considering the prices of the humbuckers it has in it
it is worth it

Agreeing with fellow Tony Iommi G-400 owner FTW.
I got mine for $500 AUD.A brand new G-400 runs about $500 AUD and the pick-ups (both of them) are worth about $400 AUD.Worth it.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
I was looking into getting a Behringer delay as well, $45au. Idk though.
Quote by maiden03
Ahhh damn you vinc3nt!

Downpressor man

Where you gonna run to

All along that day

੧_\\\
I think one of my friends has a Behringer delay pedal actually. I've never seen (or heard) him play it though, and the last 2 times I've been to his place his amp has been in a fairly bad state (it's tubes are dead or something, I don't know a lot about valve amps).

Still, I should borrow it off him since he's not using it anyway. See what it's like.
Okay so I re-stringed my acoustic. Sounds really cool, just gotta keep re-tuning it every few minutes haha.