Hey friends,

I've always wanted to get into building my own equipment, but I feel that I've always been smart enough not to get too ambitious... Especially when I didn't even know where to start!

So today, I'm off to purchase some basic books on electronics, circuits, wiring and all that junk (Perhaps "Electronics for Dummies" is a good place to start).

Anyways, When I've done my learnin' and I feel confident enough to give this whole building thing a try, I'd probably start with a pedal or two...

But of course, a wonderful amp would be the goal.

So, can anyone find me some good threads/info on amp building, and pedal building?

Even ones with pictures of other users who are building their own amps and pedals?

Thanks a lot!
wouldent it be great to make your own pick, your own guitar, your own cables, your own pedals, and your own amp...

this thread doesnt make much sence..
are you looking for info or tuts or somthing?
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
Start off by building a Fuzz Face clone, they are dead simple and theres lots of variations and advice readily availible on the net. Im building mine asap, just waiting for a few more parts.
The Official "Rockin' Roadie"

-Lakland Skyline 44-02
-Fender Marcus Miller Jazz
-Fender MiM Precision
-Fender TC90 Thinline
-Squier Stratocaster w/mods (1989)
-Orange Dual Terror
-Marshall Valvestate 8280
-Marshall VS412
-Various pedals
Definately do a pedal or two first, then build an amp kit (I recommend one from AX84.com). I'll be doing a tutorial in the coming weeks about how to build a kit from AX84. Got some other things to clear off of my plate first.
Quote by kcdakrt
DLrocket89 makes my ug experience better!

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

Kit Amp Building Tutorial
Quote by metal-matt
wouldent it be great to make your own pick, your own guitar, your own cables, your own pedals, and your own amp...

this thread doesnt make much sence..
are you looking for info or tuts or somthing?

I was thinking about that...

Literally "your" sound, haha!

Tutorials and other stuff of people building them themselves....

Basically a "Project Guitar" version of amps.
For effects pedals kits try looking at Build Your Own Clone and General Guitar Gadgets. BYOC has a forum with great people and info and the forums at DIY Stomp boxes has some good information available also. For amp kits AX84, Metro Amps, and Torres engineering are good places to start looking around, hope this helps.
My Gear:

Guitars:
Partscaster
Fender MIM Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul Custom

Amps:
Blackheart Little Giant
Jet City JCA20H

Pedals:
BYOC Confidence Boost
BYOC Dist+
BYOC Shredder