Hey acoustic forum, I've never posted here before as I know nothing of acoustic guitars, but I picked one up today at a car boot sale and thought I'd like to show it off .

It's a twelve string, looks quite old, and it's seemingly made by a company called "Eros".
I paid £25 for it (about $40), it needed a bit of a clean up and should get some strings for it tomorrow. There's quite a few scratches in the veneer but I'm hoping that wont affect the sound much. The machine heads are also a bit rusty, they turn smoothly though.
Pics:

Full shot.

The body, the bridge is quite interesting.

The sound hole, what does that word beginning with G say?

The headstock.

Should be strung up and playing like a beaut tomorrow

Continued in next post.
Above post may or may not be true.
I had bought the guitar and we were on the way home from the boot sale, and my Mum remembered my Dad had an old 12 string acoustic as well, and told me she thought it was up in the shed as my Dad was repairing something on it, and it'd been forgotten about.

So we brought it down and gave it a clean up, and funnily enough, it turned out to be an Eros too...

Pics:

Full shot, I know their should be pegs in those holes, some are missing and the rest were soaking in soapy water to be cleaned.

The body, notice the cool strachplate

The same word as mine on the inside, the bodys are vastly different though.

The headstock, unfortunately mostly rubbed off.

Dad's is around 30 years old, and has a few cracks in the veneer and rusty machine heads, but it looks pretty good after being stored in a shed for 8 years exposed to freezing weather and bird crap. I don't know what Dad had to fix but Mum is sure there was something, looks like some glue on some of the binding or something, and Dad can't remember. Dad says he paid over £100 for it, which was alot in the '70s.

Both beautiful guitars.

Do any of you know how much these are worth, or anything about them?
I'm about to do a bit of research but if you could tell me that'd be cool.

Thanks for reading!
No sir i shall not buy stocks in your company!

Seriously though, they look good, i liberated an old Palmer twelve string a week ago, any one know anything about them?
Don't know anything about them, but sounds like an awesome day... Two 12-strings & only £25 gone, pretty sweet deal
They look pretty sweet too, I prefer the look of your Dads though
Quote by Chilli 3000

Quote by _-Joey-_
Don't know anything about them, but sounds like an awesome day... Two 12-strings & only £25 gone, pretty sweet deal
They look pretty sweet too, I prefer the look of your Dads though

Hehe, Cheers mate. Yeah I like the gnarly scratchplate on my Dad's, I bought the other one because I thought it looked quite nice and because 12 strings are cool. Hahah :P

Quote by KoenDercksen
It says Garanzia...

I thought so, searching on google doesn't get any results though.
Garanzia means guarantee or warranty in Italian which leads me to believe that has nothing to do with the model of your guitar.
You paid a fair price for yours. Eros was one of the very cheap makes back in the seventies (like Encore now) and famed for the worst Les Paul copy ever made. But both of those look nice and you'll have lots of fun playing them.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by mattvl
Garanzia means guarantee or warranty in Italian which leads me to believe that has nothing to do with the model of your guitar.

Haha, okay!

Quote by Lurcher
You paid a fair price for yours. Eros was one of the very cheap makes back in the seventies (like Encore now) and famed for the worst Les Paul copy ever made. But both of those look nice and you'll have lots of fun playing them.

I see, thanks man
Last edited by mattvl at Aug 2, 2009,
Wow....two twelve strings? I would imagine one twelve string would be a pain to restring...but TWO??????? That's 24 strings! I hate just restringing six XD. Anyways, congrats on your NGD(s) though, I had a similar one back a few weeks ago (except it's not actually mine though sadly). I'm also a bit surprised that Obeythepenguin hasn't come in here yet...

I edited a math error XD.
Quote by obeythepenguin
You win this thread. Pipe organs FTW.

Quote by ShadesOfGray
Let's take it one step further and add a slogan:

Big Bach is listening you!
Last edited by clayonfire at Aug 2, 2009,
Quote by clayonfire
Wow....two twelve strings? I would imagine one twelve string would be a pain to restring...but TWO??????? That's 48 strings! I hate just restringing six XD. Anyways, congrats on your NGD(s) though, I had a similar one back a few weeks ago (except it's not actually mine though sadly). I'm also a bit surprised that Obeythepenguin hasn't come in here yet...

2 x 12 = 48?

HNGD!
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
Oh crap, my math is off hahahahah. should be only 24 strings, my bad...kinda sad considering I'm on math team and taking AP Calc when school starts back up XD.
Quote by obeythepenguin
You win this thread. Pipe organs FTW.

Quote by ShadesOfGray
Let's take it one step further and add a slogan:

Big Bach is listening you!
Quote by mattvl

So mine's not too bad then?

And yeah 'tis gonna be a bitch to string
Quote by kurney
So mine's not too bad then?

And yeah 'tis gonna be a bitch to string

I can't say for sure, it seems some people love them and others hate them. I guess you'll find out when they're strung up. You may need to do some work on them if they're that old though.
Quote by Chilli 3000

Seriously though, they look good, i liberated an old Palmer twelve string a week ago, any one know anything about them?

I had a Palmer 6 string before, was my first guitar.

I had been told that the whole company has been out of production for about 12-15 years. Thats all I know.