http://www.tradetang.com/for-sale/1958-Korina-Explorer-white-Electric-Gibson-Guitar-free-shipping-2-Pickups/113686-1522927.html

I like the look of this guitar, and was wondering whether it would be worth it...
What do you reckon?
Current Gear...

Fender Mexican Stratocaster

Les Paul Copy w/ Seymour Duncan 59 an JB in bridge and neck respectively (She's a beauty!)

Marshall JCM2000 DSL

Jim dunlop crybaby

Electroharmonix Double Muff
As you long as buy it from a shop [so you can try them out, and so you buy the EXACT one that played the best]

EDIT: Don't order from there, probably fake.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
I know its not a real gibson, but there is almost no such thing as an explorer copy in white.
Current Gear...

Fender Mexican Stratocaster

Les Paul Copy w/ Seymour Duncan 59 an JB in bridge and neck respectively (She's a beauty!)

Marshall JCM2000 DSL

Jim dunlop crybaby

Electroharmonix Double Muff
It won't be anything like the real one as far as sound and playability.
you will find that you are enter a magic world of you buiness,thanks !

Pass.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
You'd rather support a counterfeit item because it's cheaper for you? And then when Gibson sales slow down and prices need to be raised you are going to complain right? Don't support counterfeit items unless you want the industry it thrives on to fail and then you'll be left with nothing left
look at the logo on the headstock. it's obviously a fake. hell, the shape of the headstock looks off too.
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.
fake lol
and its illegal even if it were an epi explorer
felony laws ftw.
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER

He knows it's fake.

My opinion: No. Don't do it.
I've heard from someone who bought a copy Les Paul that it's shit...Not even replacing the pickups made any difference. I like to apply that to any Chinese counterfeit item.
I have a ponytail fetish.
..And a labcoat fetish. SCIENCE!
Last edited by AntiG3 at Aug 2, 2009,
what a piece of crap! cmon man buy a guitar because you love it, not because you want people to think you're cool. Wait it out- one day you'll be able to get a real Explorer
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
Actually since you've already acknowledged it's fake, you've shoot yourself in the foot - if you buy it now you'd be liable for damages to Gibson Guitar Corporation. Buying that guitar would be illegal anyway, but buying it when you've acknowledged that the item is counterfeit and you are aware it's illegal to buy it would make you fully liable.

Not to mention those copies will fall apart in your hands - often literally.

If you want a white explorer copy that is legal, ESP make one under their LTD brand.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
This was an honest to God conversation during lunch break.
The staff room was full of...staff - doing a crossword.

Person doing crossword puzzle: "17 across - Export of China"
The whole staff: "Crap!"
PDCP: "Hahahaha...but only 3 letters."
TWS: "Poo."

I don't know much about guitars yet, but if you're buying it from china, you're gonna end up with a pile of dung at your door.
i think you'd be lucky if you actually got a guitar from them at all. no matter what it was.

plus, no fake is worth it. copies from a different legit company maybe, but straight copy? hell no
its people like you
that cause us to have to pay more and more for gibsons
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.
op do u want it so your friends see that u got a 'gibson' so they will like u more? obviously more of a poser than a player. fix that
Last edited by jimzer at Aug 3, 2009,
Tradetang is a legit site like Ebay for Asian wholesale. Their existence depends on genuine trade items so their suppliers do exist and do supply. However, being 'trade only', they will require a shipping order, usually 200 guitars as a minimum.
I was tempted by a lovely white LP (made in best Gibson factory in China) but have now found a much better way. In Europe (and I guess in USA) assemblers are buying in Asian components and doing the finishing. My H&S was supplied that way from Germany and I'm looking at T.C. Ellis in Wales for my whitey some time in the next 6 months. This is a better way of supporting employment in our own countries than buying from some well-known brands who are only marketing organisations using contract Asian factories to produce everything. We all know who they are, I'm sure.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Thing w these chinese made copies is you dont really know what your gonna get until it shows up. It is possible the guitar is decently made by someone who actually knows how to make a guitar. But more likely it will be slapped together from scrap wood by someone who has never seen a real guitar. My wife is from china and she will tell you never buy any product made in china, I showed her your link she just rolled her eyes and left the room. While the guitar is popular here very few there play or even know somebody who plays guitar. Consider how spotty epi's QC is and they are supervised by american workers who know what they are doing.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
You'd rather support a counterfeit item because it's cheaper for you? And then when Gibson sales slow down and prices need to be raised you are going to complain right? Don't support counterfeit items unless you want the industry it thrives on to fail and then you'll be left with nothing left

Most businesses LOWER prices when sales start to slump... just sayin'
Quote by havokca
Most businesses LOWER prices when sales start to slump... just sayin'

Not if they want to keep the same profit margin.

edit: wait you may be correct. oh well moral of story is don't buy fakes.
Last edited by azn_guitarist25 at Aug 3, 2009,
Your better off buying an Epiphone Explorer for about the same price.

I have tried a lot of these Chinese counterfeit guitars they are hit or miss some are actually very nice while others are junk. Usually the higher priced ones are better. I get pissed when someone tries to pass these off as the real deal. I have no problem buying a knockoff if it's good and inexpensive but I am not going to pay Gibson prices for a knockoff. I have played a few amazing knockoffs.

Actually these guitars are made in the same plants that supply most of the guitars that come out of China so the quality can equal those guitars. China doesn't have copyright laws like we do here in the states that is why they are the kings of the knockoffs and get away with it. In that country it's not illegal for them to make it, it's just illegal for them to sell in countries that follow copyright laws.

Gibson was smart to open their own plant in China to make the Epi line they made sure all that comes out of that plant are Epis. I would not order thru one of those sites they show you a pic but your not guarantied that's what your going to get if you even get it.

I would say stay away from ordering any guitar out of China direct. I have had my CC number stolen ordering stuff from China not a guitar but other stuff.

Your better off looking thru your local classifieds, pawn shops and music stores for a new or used Explorer. At least you can play the guitar before you own it. Trust me if your guitar get to you broken or with a warped neck your stuck with it!!!!

John
Our guitar is the top quality in na , we send the guitar is what my pictuer shown,and i n guide for you to buy a super valu guitar form na,no matter you wanna buy this guitar or not .You n contact to ask any question, we provide the good service and if you are a wholesaler ,we n have the good deal in future, You n trust me. Just contact me ,you will find that you are enter a magic world of you buiness,thanks !

You n put your family and friends to send, n play their beautiful music. If you like, you n buy it. If you need more guitars, photographs, please contact me and my mers is God, whether you have any needs, I will do my best to satisfy you equest;
hat you will be