Hey Pit!

No matter what DVD I put into my computer, it will start it up to the language selection screen and then show 3 seconds of the copyright infringement warning, then freeze.

This has happened with several different DVD using several different players.

EDIT: Today it was able to read I Am Legend but still refuses me Shaun Of The Dead!

HEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!
Last edited by Nilpferdkoenig at Aug 9, 2009,
when you say players you mean programs yeah?
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by jgbsmith
when you say players you mean programs yeah?

yeah, DivX, Windows Player, K-Lite, InterActual, VLC, you name it...

None of them work.
Try them in an actual DVD player, as opposed to your computer?
"I'm not concerned about all hell breaking loose, but that a PART of hell will break loose... it'll be much harder to detect." - George Carlin
Is the problem new? Did it play the DVDs before? It could be a region problem, i used to have problems like this when i had a japanese drive installed.
By the power of Greyskull
Quote by HWFG1
Try them in an actual DVD player, as opposed to your computer?

They all work in a normal DVD player.
I assume that my drive is ****ed?

Quote by Guitar_tischler
Is the problem new? Did it play the DVDs before? It could be a region problem, i used to have problems like this when i had a japanese drive installed.

Started happening yesterday, not a region problem, these are German DVDs in a German player, everythings fine except that it's not.
Do you have all the proper codecs installed? Did this problem just start or has it done it ever since you've tried to play DVDs on your PC?

EDIT: Just saw the above two posts. It's probably not a codec problem then.
Lift not the painted veil which those who live
Call life; though unreal shapes be pictured there,
And it but mimic all we would believe
Quote by Ajax413
Do you have all the proper codecs installed? Did this problem just start or has it done it ever since you've tried to play DVDs on your PC?

EDIT: Just saw the above two posts. It's probably not a codec problem then.

No, I downloaded a free codec pack just to check anyhow, nothings missing.
I'd say get a new drive. Or, at least, try out the DVDs in a friend's computer to make sure
"I'm not concerned about all hell breaking loose, but that a PART of hell will break loose... it'll be much harder to detect." - George Carlin
can you not just play them off your DVD player, grab some popcorn, and make an evening of it?
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..