like the line 6 pod series or the digitech rp series
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
I think the PODs are pretty good but I'm yet to play an RP I like. How much do you have to spend and what effects do you need? What amp do you have?
I have a POD XT Live and an RP 300. The RP is a toy compared to the POD. I like everything about the POD with the exception of the OD/Distortion/Fuzz (the rat model is ok and still use). I have separate pedals for OD/Distortion/Fuzz. Thinking the POD was just inferior overall and that I was going to replace it completely I bought an H2O chorus/echo. That's where it stops. Although the H2O was a bit better, It wasn't no $180 better. i have since borrowed individual pedals from friends with the same results. not worth the extra money over the POD. I think i'm pretty much done buying pedals. I was expecting the improvement i got with my OD/Distortion/Fuzz. Wasn't even close. Besides that there are amp models in the POD that are really good. Well worth the money in my opinion.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
In my experience they deliver alot of almost good sounds. Even the high-end boss pedals didnt really convince me. I will never again get another one of these.
You sit for hours at home trying to tweak the sound to your liking, when you then get to band practice you find your sound drowning in the rest of the sound, because the pedal was not adjusted to the other room.
By the power of Greyskull
IMO most multi-effect processors aren't worth the money. You are paying for a million effects, 99% of which you will never use, and they are generally very poor quality (when compared to their stompbox counterparts). I've personally never used a POD but I've heard really good things about them.

I honestly think that unless you're going to be in a situation where you will need a lot of effects (such as for recording purposes) then you're better off figuring out which effects you actually need and buy them in single pedal form.
Quote by Guitar_tischler
In my experience they deliver alot of almost good sounds. Even the high-end boss pedals didnt really convince me. I will never again get another one of these.
You sit for hours at home trying to tweak the sound to your liking, when you then get to band practice you find your sound drowning in the rest of the sound, because the pedal was not adjusted to the other room.

well yeah if you don't know your equipment. Rather anyone likes it or not you pretty much have to become your own sound guy and understand the effects of changes in your environment. My home practice setting are alot different then the setting i use when jamming with friends.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
well atm i dont have money for one but if theyregood i will buy one
,that simple.
I dont need alot of effects.
I need OD, Distortion, Tuner(lol) and maybe a sustainer.
thats all.
I just dont like to mess around with pedalboards.

Also, I like black.

Quote by i_am_metalhead
IMO most multi-effect processors aren't worth the money. You are paying for a million effects, 99% of which you will never use, and they are generally very poor quality (when compared to their stompbox counterparts). I've personally never used a POD but I've heard really good things about them.

I honestly think that unless you're going to be in a situation where you will need a lot of effects (such as for recording purposes) then you're better off figuring out which effects you actually need and buy them in single pedal form.

+20

i was just too lazy to type it all out myself

i have an rp150. only use it for its drum beats for home practice now
Peavey JSX 120 Half Stack
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE
Mockingbird Special(White)

Set sail to sea but pulled off course by the light of golden treasure --Hetfield, the Unforgiven Pirate

So I dub Thee Unforgiven Three! -How it should have been
Quote by thedekker
+20

i was just too lazy to type it all out myself

i have an rp150. only use it for its drum beats for home practice now

well have you tried out the rp1000?

Also, I like black.

Quote by Dawnwalker
well atm i dont have money for one but if theyregood i will buy one
,that simple.
I dont need alot of effects.
I need OD, Distortion, Tuner(lol) and maybe a sustainer.
thats all.
I just dont like to mess around with pedalboards.

if those are the pedals you need, i would not get a multi effects pedal. most mfx pedals are good on delays, reverbs, modulations and sometimes compression. these mfx pedals are almost always digital, which usually does not sound good for overdrives and distortions. there are some pedals that are like mfx but analog (tc electroncs makes one for od/distortion) and these can be ok, but these are few and far between.

if you only want those 4 pedals, it would be easier to buy 4 single pedals that cover your needs. you will probably also get a better sound out of them anyway.
Multi-FX like the POD are great for multi-FX. Just don't expect to use them as an amp substitute live or in the studio and sound amazing.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
when you are talking about the RP series, you need to look at least the 500. It depends on what you use it for. I use mine strictly for playing at night with headphones, never with my amps. It is a good practice tool that gets some good tones and lets you experiment with lots of effects for minimal investment. If that is what you will use if for, yes it's worth it. If you plan on using it as your main source of effects, then no, it isn't worth it.
R.I.P. Randy Rhoads
I know digital and emulation pedals will never reach the warmness of analog but what about the Line 6 M13? It looks killer and every setting is right in your face. Looks easily customizable too.
The other guitarist in our band has a POD, It is ok at times and I wish I had it. I guess its not the PODs fault that he has no idea what sounds good.
Quote by patton686
I know digital and emulation pedals will never reach the warmness of analog but what about the Line 6 M13? It looks killer and every setting is right in your face. Looks easily customizable too.

I have been a "analog" pedal user for many years, everything from BOSS to Boutique (sp?) stomps. A week ago purchased an M13 and my views are a changin'. Used to dread, despise digital effects/modeling Multieffect units. The only "ME" I ever actually purchase before was an old Yamaha DG Stomp...which wasn't too bad really...but even sold the DG off.

The M13 really is an amazing peice of kit. Especially for 400 bucks. No Amp Modeling, works similar to a pedal board and sounds that truly rival actual pedals (IMHO.) The M13 is designed for Live use in front, or using the 4 cable method with a nice amp (current amp is an AC30.)

There are alot of good things I am discovering with the M13 and may do a short review at some point - after I used longer and over the honeymoon.

Oh, I should ad that ("cept for the Vetta) not a Line6 fanboy - in fact prolly the opposite.

The M13 will never replace great analog pedals, but it is really an example of how "close/good" things are getting nowadays. Really an amazing peice of gear worth checking out. And it is soooo simple to use...no crazy programming...just like pedals.

BTW...this unit is really getting alot of talk over at TGP and HC...in case anyone is interested in learning more.
Quote by i_am_metalhead

+420. Well said. That's how I feel. I'm looking to buy a pod in the next two or three days and it is only going to be used for recording. I would use stompboxes for live performances and what not
The only thing i dislike about most POD's is that they don't have an off switch, so they're useless in a pedal chain. The pod Live or whatever does, but afaik it's expensive and the rest are pretty much obsolete. I'd probably buy one otherwise.
If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?