So I have been playing my first guitar, an LTD EC-50 and I am looking for a new guitar. I am currently looking at a few guitars and i was wondering what anyone's thoughts on them were.

1. An Ibanez S470DX. It looks sweet and plays great. It's about $600 at my local guitar store. The pickups are pretty good, but the single coil sounds very....un-single coilish. It doesn't sound like any single i've played, more like a dumbed down humbucker. The neck and bridge pups are good, although it can be hard to get good pinch harmonics out of it. It also has a floyd rose, like most ibanez guitars.

2. An LTD Jeff Hanneman Signature guitar. It has some weird pickups that ESP makes. I don't think they are active pups like the more expensive jeff hanneman guitar. It does have a kahler tremelo though, which is sort of like a floyd rose with less of the hasle of restring and changing and the action. Unfortunately, the pups tend to sound ONLY like slayer so if i wanted to play anything but Thrash metal, i'd have to change them or something. it's $550.

3. An Ibanez Apex. This is the one with a fixed bridge, not the one with a floyd rose(that one is like 2000 bucks!). It has great pickups, can be really heavy and really soft. It is a seven string guitar that was apparently designed by Munky from Korn which is pretty good. The thing holding me back from this is that i could get a guitar at a store and have it set up and stuff, but this one can only be bough offline so i'd have to fix everything in it Another thing is that the way you put the strings in....idk it's like a combination between a fender jaguar bridge and a tune-o-matic bridge, it's just weird. But it's 700 bucks and sounds amazing(my friend has one) plus it's a seven string guitar. If only it had a floyd rose :P

4. Okay this one might not ring a bell to anyone but i went to guitar center the other day and found a Washburn Dimebag Darrell guitar. Now I know he had like a million signature guitars but I'd never heard of a Washburn Dimebag guitar. It was slime green. It had a floyd rose too. Now, the one I found was used and had been pretty banged up(the tremelo bar was set so it was always raised, making it so you could barely go down on it, it had tons of dings and scratches on it, and the knobs seemed like they were about to fall off) and i wouldn't buy that, but if I could find another one that wasn't as messed up, i would probably get that. It was $575 used, and idk what it'd be new.

so just wondering what everyone's opinion are on these and which one i should get for my new guitar.

P.S. if it matters for your opinion: I play mostly 80s and 90s metal and rock, like Slayer, Metallica, Megadeth, Death, Pantera, Soundgarden, Korn, Alice In Chains, etc.
You seem to really like the Apex more than any of the others anyway.
As much as I'd like to recommend to Jeff Hannemen guitar, with the exception of the Kahler bridge, there's not much to recommend, especially considering how critical you were of the pick-ups. If it were to come between that and the S470DX (Which does not come with a Floyd Rose, it comes with an Ibanez made tremelo, and you should probably make sure which one) I'd suggest the LTD, though.
We've drained full confession booths, polluted drinking wells with our repentances, and then stood grinning with our arms around the shoulder of a rotting child.

If you resist change, you will be here forever.
Quote by NorfIrIon
You seem to really like the Apex more than any of the others anyway.
As much as I'd like to recommend to Jeff Hannemen guitar, with the exception of the Kahler bridge, there's not much to recommend, especially considering how critical you were of the pick-ups. If it were to come between that and the S470DX (Which does not come with a Floyd Rose, it comes with an Ibanez made tremelo, and you should probably make sure which one) I'd suggest the LTD, though.

Yeah i do like the Apex ALOT but i am very bad at guitar tech and i dont feel like having to adjust everthing on a guitar. I had to do that with my LTD EC-50 and it took too long.

And the S470DX has a ZR tremelo which is a floyd rose variant that ibanez makes. In some ways it is better than an original floyd rose.
What is your budget, and do you have any preferences to materials (such as wood, hardware, etc...)?
Quote by Ghold125
What is your budget, and do you have any preferences to materials (such as wood, hardware, etc...)?

My only preferences really are that the pickups are passive, and that they are good stock pickups. My budget is between 500-$1000. I mean i guess i could eventually replace the pickups but i don't have the money to buy new pickups AND a guitar and my LTD just isn't worth taking the time to replace the pups.

I'd also like the guitar to have a floyd rose. The Apex is differen't because it's great for its price and as far as i've seen, a 7 string guitar with a floyd rose is always super expensive. But 6 strings i have to have a floyd rose.
You might wanna try a schecter. They have good stock pickups, and can play what you want. they're also in your budget.
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
i have a jeff hanneman and its great. i like the kahler more than floyd rose and the pups mine came with are emg-hz, i think they sound pretty good. also if you buy it on musicians friend it cost about 470 for the black instead of 550, although the camo paint does cost 540 so that may be something to look into
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-JH200-Jeff-Hanneman-Signature-Electric-Guitar?sku=542079#used
for a 1000 bucks man you can look beyond what you're looking into- Try the LTD M series... they have some nice axes there
http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_mh.html
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
Take the Apex, you like it and we suggest it, go for it!
"You have brains in your head,
You have feet in your shoes,
You can steer yourself,
any direction you choose,
You're on your own,
And you know what you know,
And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go."

- Dr. Seuss
Quote by Richmanofaction
for a 1000 bucks man you can look beyond what you're looking into- Try the LTD M series... they have some nice axes there
http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_mh.html

I'm 16.......I can't even get a job right now(mostly cuz the economy where i live is ****, even mcdonalds isnt hiring), the money is basically saved up christmas and bday money so i have to stay within around 800, but because of tax 700 is probably the highest i am willing to go.
Quote by Nirvana00125
I'm 16.......I can't even get a job right now(mostly cuz the economy where i live is ****, even mcdonalds isnt hiring), the money is basically saved up christmas and bday money so i have to stay within around 800, but because of tax 700 is probably the highest i am willing to go.

Hmm I think you'd be good even with 7-800. The higher end LTDs arent that expensive... I think the model I showed you is like 700 bucks

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-MH401-Floyd-Rose-Electric-Guitar?sku=520115&src=3WFRWXX&ZYXSEM=0&CAWELAID=356178811
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
agile
amps
Vox Ac 30 (main)
Fender Supersonic with Krank Krankenstien 4x12
OR 50 with 4 x 12
Gassing for ibanes airplane flanger
Quote by Nirvana00125
I'm 16.......I can't even get a job right now(mostly cuz the economy where i live is ****, even mcdonalds isnt hiring

so damn true plus most places wont hire unless your at least 18...buncha bull****...
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]