Heyhey,

Title says all, Once I'm tuning my strings to regular tuning (EADGBE) with a thicker gauge of strings. My bridge lifts up. I have a hole for a tremolo but I don't use it.

Would it help if I tightened the springs connected to the bridge? or do I need some extra springs? etc.

Any help appreciated.
Add an extra spring,

that's what i did when i went from 09s to 010s

I'm not sure if that's the correct way but it worked for me
Quote by icaneatcatfood
You should just tighten it I think. You'll be fine. I went from .09 to .11 and didn't need to add any springs.

Isn't there I chance I twist the neck if I just tighten it?
Just tighten... you don't really need an extra spring unless you make switch to a really large string gauge, however you may like the feel an extra spring makes to how tightening the ones you have does.

EDIT: No your neck wont twist. Thats like saying "will my neck twist if a put .10s on my hardtail guitar?"
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
Last edited by bean-o at Aug 2, 2009,
Quote by Darkmaus
Isn't there I chance I twist the neck if I just tighten it?

when switching to a higher gauge string, you have to tighten the bridge AND the trus rod (to prevent too much bending). if your that worried about damaging you guitar then just bring it in for a set up and tell them you put on a heavier gauge
Quote by JayLacelle
when switching to a higher gauge string, you have to tighten the bridge AND the trus rod (to prevent too much bending). if your that worried about damaging you guitar then just bring it in for a set up and tell them you put on a heavier gauge

You need not worry about that unless switching from two extremes, like jumping from .10 to .13.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
Changing string gauges should always require a set up or at the bare minimum a check of action, intonation, neck relief, and also the bridge set up. Anyway just tighten the springs if you have the space if not then you can add a spring on.
When i went from 09's - 10's i couldn't tighten the screws anyone know why?

like i couldn't tighten them no matter what
I've got the guitar tuned to D#(half step down.) and a capo on the first fret.

sure looks a little tard. but it works right? without destroying your guitar. :p
I have an american strat and I have 13 -57 on mine so let me tell u that strats can handle the strings- I have 5 springs and all I did was tighten the screws under the bridge- Hint- dont even keep the bridge plate on - no one else does-

Ever looked at Srv or claptons guitars - 5 strings in the back
wow.. resurrecting an oldy?
Well thanks but I figured it kinda.. already but at least now people can find these tips here anytime. so cheers to you!