Hi guys, I must be specific to not evoke any doubt.

Consider a Roland CUBE-30X. You have a COSM there (Brit Combo option) to model a VOX AC30-TB. You have one specific guitar and you won’t change it. So, you must gig, but cannot take your CUBE to mic it. And you want to model the same VOX using only BOSS pedals. It’s not a question about which setup do you prefer albeit is similar to. It’s a question about which BOSS pedals I must buy to model the same sound found on CUBE, using COSM modeling. Also I do not want to buy a multieffect processor and it doesn’t matter why (I'm not being rude, please).

I choose to start with a SD-1 and an OD-3, using OD-3 as a boost for SD-1, but I couldn’t came close to the CUBE sound.

What pedals I must buy, what pedals setup I must try, etc.

Thanks
marlos

Ibanez RG370GHWNS
Digitech RP6
Roland CUBE-30X

Roland XP-80
Yamaha PSR-520
Mackie 1202-VLZ
Attack SM800

mmm i don't know about boss pedals bu i think that the EH english distorsion will be a good choice
You will not be able to get the sound of the cube using single effects pedals. The Cube, as you know, uses COSM digital modeling. The Boss pedals are analogue pedals designed to be run into a guitar amp. They are to enhance an amps sound, not mimic the sound of an amp on their own.

Sorry but thats the way it is. Why do you need to model the AC30 using stomboxes anyway?
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
i dont think that you can nail that AC30-TB-ish tone with those pedals
you could try to get great tone with those pedals if you tweak them correctly but not exactly that Voxy tone
what amp will you use with those pedals?
and why you cant take your Cube 30X?
Hola.
crohno
I will take a look at EH. Thank you!

Sampy
That is why I said "I must be specific". But now I know I wasn't.

Yes, they are really different conceptually. What I’m trying is to came as close as possible, considering all these limitations. I think it’s difficult to say something about tone without being too vague and because of it I choose CUBE as a start point. I’ll be vague for sake of clarity . I want an overdrive tone, subtle with single coils, a little bit heavy with humbuckers, but really away from distortion. With upper harmonics almost cut off and a mellow sound.

Thanks
marlos

Ibanez RG370GHWNS
Digitech RP6
Roland CUBE-30X

Roland XP-80
Yamaha PSR-520
Mackie 1202-VLZ
Attack SM800

luyano
I'm considering playing on a generic PA and I really don't know what setup they use. And I cannot take my CUBE because they don't want to. Yes, it's really stupid, but it's not my fault... Perhaps.

I forgot to mention on the last post, thank you for all replies until now!
marlos

Ibanez RG370GHWNS
Digitech RP6
Roland CUBE-30X

Roland XP-80
Yamaha PSR-520
Mackie 1202-VLZ
Attack SM800

Roland hasn't released a pedal that's the Brit Combo combo in a box. Just the Bassman and Blackface models from the Cube.

Personally, I think they should release the Recto and Metal Stack models as pedals. It's not like Boss has any pedals that sound good for metal anyways.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Why can't you bring your cube?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2